• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Could we get a new This score needs fixing thread?
3 3

24 posts in this topic

• Administrator

@Crushalot I'd prefer not to since this is something that is going to be addressed in bulk with our programmers. If there is something very egregious related to a glitch (book showing only 1 point or no points in a high grade) just drop me a line and I can look at it. 

I'll take this opportunity to remind everyone who may read this thread, that  we are well aware of the optics that the imperfections of the point system on the Registry creates, and do have plans to address this.

I'll emphasize here that no award is given based on points alone.

Images, descriptions, completeness, and overall effort are what the judges look for. 

On 3/19/2024 at 9:12 AM, jstam said:

I'll emphasize here that no award is given based on points alone.

Images, descriptions, completeness, and overall effort are what the judges look for. 

I appreciate that clarification, as I've been updating  :)

Idk what constitutes needing a custom set? As compared to the regular sets, when it comes to those 3 criteria?

I had made a custom set of my distorted holograms last year, but didn't win and I deleted or readied them back to regular sets and idk why.

I have what I sample through series and genres, but am not sure what best constitutes needing a custom set? Short of adding all my slabs to a custom lol

I don't really know what I'm asking for in response, but custom means to me genre, character , or subsection of label notes to signature series.

Now that some of those are being broke out into their own respective sets, idk if I'm going at this wrong.

For example it seems like I remember if added to a custom set those books wouldn't be considered in the regular sets ??? OR something to that effect.

i feel if I broke books out of some of my sets, it may sound weird, I'd feel like I was cheating or making a gimmick of my respective sets to win? Maybe not literally, I'm sure there is a common bond within enough of my books or even back cover pictures to form a custom set.

I just want to assure those interested, it isn't that I'm lazy to do so, I just feel custom sets aren't as straight forward in my minds description so idk what the criteria or reasoning in how they are bulit?

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

• Administrator

@ADAMANTIUM Custom sets accommodate any collecting interests people have and how they want to display them. 

As for how they're judged, it is mostly the same criteria but completeness isn't necessarily a factor.

If you have books in Custom sets, they will be considered for the categories Custom sets are eligible for.

Books that live in both Custom sets and Competitive sets will be considered in both sets; there is no rule against that. 

On 3/21/2024 at 10:14 AM, jstam said:

@ADAMANTIUM Custom sets accommodate any collecting interests people have and how they want to display them. 

As for how they're judged, it is mostly the same criteria but completeness isn't necessarily a factor.

If you have books in Custom sets, they will be considered for the categories Custom sets are eligible for.

Books that live in both Custom sets and Competitive sets will be considered in both sets; there is no rule against that. 

Ah cool 😎! So there is no penalty on using both, just to encourage imagination and passion. That's not a bad deal ^^

On 3/20/2024 at 4:29 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I appreciate that clarification, as I've been updating  :)

Idk what constitutes needing a custom set? As compared to the regular sets, when it comes to those 3 criteria?

I had made a custom set of my distorted holograms last year, but didn't win and I deleted or readied them back to regular sets and idk why.

I have what I sample through series and genres, but am not sure what best constitutes needing a custom set? Short of adding all my slabs to a custom lol

I don't really know what I'm asking for in response, but custom means to me genre, character , or subsection of label notes to signature series.

Now that some of those are being broke out into their own respective sets, idk if I'm going at this wrong.

For example it seems like I remember if added to a custom set those books wouldn't be considered in the regular sets ??? OR something to that effect.

i feel if I broke books out of some of my sets, it may sound weird, I'd feel like I was cheating or making a gimmick of my respective sets to win? Maybe not literally, I'm sure there is a common bond within enough of my books or even back cover pictures to form a custom set.

I just want to assure those interested, it isn't that I'm lazy to do so, I just feel custom sets aren't as straight forward in my minds description so idk what the criteria or reasoning in how they are bulit?

Hello!  I have my competitive Death of Superman set (99 books) with my best copies (point wise) but also made a Custom DoS Set with all of those +131 others because I wanted to show both Universal and Signature Series books side by side, plus a bunch of other Doomsday related books like TPB’s and 30th Anniversary reprints, and also books that had something to do with the storyline but would never be in the competitive set.

I hope this is a good example for you of where books could be in both types of sets.

On 3/22/2024 at 2:21 PM, Iconic1s said:

Hello!  I have my competitive Death of Superman set (99 books) with my best copies (point wise) but also made a Custom DoS Set with all of those +131 others because I wanted to show both Universal and Signature Series books side by side, plus a bunch of other Doomsday related books like TPB’s and 30th Anniversary reprints, and also books that had something to do with the storyline but would never be in the competitive set.

I hope this is a good example for you of where books could be in both types of sets.

So I'll know and thank you :) would I leave the "custom set" description as the regular "description" that I have already, or is it a different type of area with all knew info?

Like you said making "comparisons" when some of those slabs were both in the "competitive and custom" sets, does the description add to that the way it is? Like I don't mind just adding books and making a new Set Profile description, but as for the individual slabs, I'm pretty happy with the descriptions.

Like if I can just add the books to a custom, and then the set description itself type why I think it is cool or go together? I hope that is a clear question lol 

On 3/22/2024 at 2:28 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

So I'll know and thank you :) would I leave the "custom set" description as the regular "description" that I have already, or is it a different type of area with all knew info?

Like you said making "comparisons" when some of those slabs were both in the "competitive and custom" sets, does the description add to that the way it is? Like I don't mind just adding books and making a new Set Profile description, but as for the individual slabs, I'm pretty happy with the descriptions.

Like if I can just add the books to a custom, and then the set description itself type why I think it is cool or go together? I hope that is a clear question lol 

I had both set descriptions the same for a long time but I just recently made a completely different set description for the custom set… this allowed me to use different pics in the SET desc area.

If you change the pics or descriptions of a BOOK it will change that book in BOTH sets though.

On 3/22/2024 at 2:33 PM, Iconic1s said:

I had both set descriptions the same for a long time but I just recently made a completely different set description for the custom set… this allowed me to use different pics in the SET desc area.

If you change the pics or descriptions of a BOOK it will change that book in BOTH sets though.

Thank you for clearing that up!

On 3/22/2024 at 12:38 PM, Iconic1s said:

When you make a custom set, did you need to pre-plan the issue sequence before creating the set?  For example, I attempted to create a custom set (a while ago, and haven't tried since) and I was randomly adding in the books I wanted as I pulled them from my long boxes.  Once they were entered, I could find no way of correctly sequencing them by release date or title and issue number.  Is there a "sort" feature/button?

On 3/25/2024 at 1:51 PM, Yorick said:

When you make a custom set, did you need to pre-plan the issue sequence before creating the set?  For example, I attempted to create a custom set (a while ago, and haven't tried since) and I was randomly adding in the books I wanted as I pulled them from my long boxes.  Once they were entered, I could find no way of correctly sequencing them by release date or title and issue number.  Is there a "sort" feature/button?

It kept adding each book to the top of the list as I added them.  I had to go through and manually number each one based on how I wanted it… it is very painful!

Now, when I add a book I have to renumber the books AFTER where I want it to be and then insert it in there by assigning it an order number. It’s time consuming!

I don’t know if there is a way to sort them any other way cause I wanted mine in a very specific order.

On 3/25/2024 at 1:51 PM, Yorick said:

On 3/25/2024 at 2:22 PM, Iconic1s said:

It kept adding each book to the top of the list as I added them.  I had to go through and manually number each one based on how I wanted it… it is very painful!

Now, when I add a book I have to renumber the books AFTER where I want it to be and then insert it in there by assigning it an order number. It’s time consuming!

I don’t know if there is a way to sort them any other way cause I wanted mine in a very specific order.

Appreciated the answer 😃 I didn't get a notification...

I haven't tried as registry is slow on my end today, I'm just thankful to the work put in before now, and depending it may just have "to do!" Idk

Screenshot_20240325-143558.png

@Yorick @ADAMANTIUM

Just to follow up, I experimented a bit.

I can edit the custom set and sort it by the various fields (slot desc, cert #, etc). It will sort and save but when you go back to Set Desc it reverts back to either the order they were entered (if all 0’s) or the Slot Order (if you ordered them with numbers).

In other words the only way to order them is either by the order you enter them, or a manual number.

Spoiler

IMG_5367.thumb.png.342490aff4e8dff7fc4d6171aecbaeba.png

Edited by Iconic1s

On 3/25/2024 at 1:59 PM, Iconic1s said:

@Yorick @ADAMANTIUM

Just to follow up, I experimented a bit.

I can edit the custom set and sort it by the various fields (slot desc, cert #, etc). It will sort and save but when you go back to Set Desc it reverts back to either the order they were entered (if all 0’s) or the Slot Order (if you ordered them with numbers).

In other words the only way to order them is either by the order you enter them, or a manual number.

Hide contents

IMG_5367.thumb.png.342490aff4e8dff7fc4d6171aecbaeba.png

"Triple cover - the Beast"!  ^^

On 3/25/2024 at 1:59 PM, Iconic1s said:

In other words the only way to order them is either by the order you enter them

This is problematic for me because I am still working on completing the sets.  What's the point of building a set when I am missing an issue in sequence?  When I finally obtain it, I have to put it at the end of the list???  If I'm missing the first issue, I can't even begin...

:tonofbricks:

On 3/26/2024 at 12:11 PM, Yorick said:

This is problematic for me because I am still working on completing the sets.  What's the point of building a set when I am missing an issue in sequence?  When I finally obtain it, I have to put it at the end of the list???  If I'm missing the first issue, I can't even begin...

:tonofbricks:

No Sir, you would still be able to add any book later, anywhere you want to… you’d just have to renumber the existing books.

OR, you could plan out the sequence ahead of time (1 through whatever) and omit the numbers where you don’t have that book yet, and then when you add that book later give it the planned number and it will slide right in there.

I can also re-order any of my existing sets by just changing the Slot Order number anytime I change my mind.

I hope this clears it up!  Sorry if I was confusing the first time around. 

On 3/26/2024 at 10:28 AM, Iconic1s said:

No Sir, you would still be able to add any book later, anywhere you want to… you’d just have to renumber the existing books.

OR, you could plan out the sequence ahead of time (1 through whatever) and omit the numbers where you don’t have that book yet, and then when you add that book later give it the planned number and it will slide right in there.

I can also re-order any of my existing sets by just changing the Slot Order number anytime I change my mind.

I hope this clears it up!  Sorry if I was confusing the first time around. 

Hmmm...  I guess I'll have to give it a try.  When you change the Slot Order, does it display in that sequence for anyone else viewing the set?

So when I first input the books, I assign each a Slot Number?  If I forgot to put a book in there, I can go back a edit the Slot Numbers of subsequent books?

On 3/26/2024 at 12:35 PM, Yorick said:

Hmmm...  I guess I'll have to give it a try.  When you change the Slot Order, does it display in that sequence for anyone else viewing the set?

Yes, once you save and go back to the set desc or gallery it will display in the order you assigned.  If you skipped a number because you left a space for a book to be added in the future, no one will be able to tell other than you.

Note - I do think there MIGHT be a way to create a slot for a “wanted” book rather than an “owned” book but I have not played around with that feature.

On 3/26/2024 at 12:35 PM, Yorick said:

So when I first input the books, I assign each a Slot Number?  If I forgot to put a book in there, I can go back a edit the Slot Numbers of subsequent books?

Yes and yes.

(If you don’t input numbers then it puts the next added book on top of the list as a default.)

On 3/26/2024 at 12:47 PM, Iconic1s said:

Note - I do think there MIGHT be a way to create a slot for a “wanted” book rather than an “owned” book but I have not played around with that feature.

@Yorick

I tried this and got this far… when I save I get an error though (shrug)

Spoiler

IMG_5372.thumb.jpeg.d784e8b439710e2fd4378db81969e161.jpeg