• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Could we get a new This score needs fixing thread?
3 3

24 posts in this topic

On 3/25/2024 at 3:59 PM, Iconic1s said:

@Yorick @ADAMANTIUM

Just to follow up, I experimented a bit.

I can edit the custom set and sort it by the various fields (slot desc, cert #, etc). It will sort and save but when you go back to Set Desc it reverts back to either the order they were entered (if all 0’s) or the Slot Order (if you ordered them with numbers).

In other words the only way to order them is either by the order you enter them, or a manual number.

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_5367.thumb.png.342490aff4e8dff7fc4d6171aecbaeba.png

On 3/25/2024 at 8:25 PM, Yorick said:

"Triple cover - the Beast"!  ^^

And then there is the :pullhair:

Feeling of bewilderment and Dejan vu....

Of just redoing hundreds of slabs, just to reread over some sets and still see obvious mistakes and or typos!

Especially as you read the 1st 3 books in your main gallery, that you could have sworn were in tip top shape :pullhair:

It didn't help that my 1st 2 books in the main gallery show up before ALL others due to being numerical instead of alphabetical.  doh!

And wondering if anyone has seen all the progress I've made, as it wouldn't "seem obvious!"  :ohnoez:

Well even this post is deja vue fatigue, but like the registry I am just going ahead and reposting due to thinking...

EVENTUALLY WHAT YOU THOUGHT YOU WROTE WILL BE REALITY lol

Don't mind me, I'm not really as distraught, but the struggle is real :roflmao:

In reality I think that I knew eventually the action 894 would come back from cgc and I'd be redoing the front page. :cheers:

Screenshot_20240326_160922_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 3/27/2024 at 10:52 AM, Yorick said:

I'll need to check that out.  It looks like you've spent a little time there...  :wink:

That would be my main pages gallery. Before clicking on a specific set or even custom set? Just go to my page and immediately click on gallery if you fill to skim through. :)

Feedback appreciated of course. :cheers:

Edit to say if it helps a link. !!  @Yorick

https://comics.www.collectors-society.com/PublicUserHome.aspx?PeopleID=229667

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 3/25/2024 at 2:51 PM, Yorick said:

When you make a custom set, did you need to pre-plan the issue sequence before creating the set?  For example, I attempted to create a custom set (a while ago, and haven't tried since) and I was randomly adding in the books I wanted as I pulled them from my long boxes.  Once they were entered, I could find no way of correctly sequencing them by release date or title and issue number.  Is there a "sort" feature/button?

Ok, I'd like to try and help out if I can.  

I've got a few large custom sets and I've gone about it 2 ways but I think 1 "may" help you.  This is a tad involved, but I swear the payoff is worth it.

For my Hobgoblin set I'm going for a chronological order.  So I went to the Marvel Chronology Project's site and got all the appearances I wanted and put them in an Excel sheet.  Then I numbered them all so that when I entered them they'd be where I wanted them listed.  So my PPSSM #85 went in as a 4, my ASM #275 as a 17, and so on.  So for the most part I had it mapped out before hand so I didn't have to edit them with each entry.  

However it's far from perfect, as now with new listings I just go far enough ahead to squeak anything in I need to.  So I have the recent ASM's as like 130 and the Miles Morales ones 135 or so.  I'd just have to re-number a few if I needed to, not a big deal. 

But something else popped up, a few books I hadn't accounted for!  Such as a variant cover here and there, or the earlier Kingsley apps before ASM #238, so now what?  Well, you can use decimals!  So I have 2 Web of #85's, and they are 4.0 and 4.1.  A Spidey mini came out a few years ago, but it takes place around #250 so they are 11.33 or whatever.  You can squeak them in when necessary!  

If I can do this for a custom set that is comprised of 5+ characters in chronological order I'm sure you can do it!  If you'd like to check out the progress:

sig.jpg

Good luck!!!  :fourleafclover: