• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE GRADE IS IN!! PGM - X-Men 6
5 5

53 posts in this topic

On 4/5/2024 at 1:52 PM, Corvonie said:

YOU GUYS, I knew I was holding something extremely special in my hands when this book arrived, but I wasn't expecting this!   I don't even know what to say because I'm freaking out, so I won't say anymore until I've fully digested this.

I had some idea when two days ago CGC was like "Oh we just charged you an extra $1200 in high value fees", but really am beside myself.

I feel like this is a once-in-a-lifetime privilege, to have held a silver age 9.8 like this in my hands raw, as well as to be its owner.  I'm just so grateful. Thanks, everyone!

image.thumb.png.a3914c658ed50560e2df74bd85f54943.pngfull 

This is a really interesting book.  At least as it relates to GPA reporting sales, the last 9.8 sold 12 years ago for $9650 and there was a sale of a 9.6 for over 20k last year.  It seems like there could be some massive pent up demand for a 9.8 WP.     Book is an absolute smokeshow.

On 4/5/2024 at 4:10 PM, seanfingh said:

This is a really interesting book.  At least as it relates to GPA reporting sales, the last 9.8 sold 12 years ago for $9650 and there was a sale of a 9.6 for over 20k last year.  It seems like there could be some massive pent up demand for a 9.8 WP.     Book is an absolute smokeshow.

Ha yes I joked with my friends that this one might be on the heritage auction with the live person lol.  It is hard to value, and so also hard to decide whether to go the auction vs sale route.  Thank you for the compliment! I'm truly beside myself.

On 4/5/2024 at 4:41 PM, Corvonie said:

Ha yes I joked with my friends that this one might be on the heritage auction with the live person lol.  It is hard to value, and so also hard to decide whether to go the auction vs sale route.  Thank you for the compliment! I'm truly beside myself.

For my 2 cents - I would put it on the highest profile auction I could, as quickly as I could.  It is not a key, but it is a very highly collected series and there are only 5 of them. Who knows how many with White Pages?  Let it rip and get paid. 

On 4/5/2024 at 4:48 PM, seanfingh said:

For my 2 cents - I would put it on the highest profile auction I could, as quickly as I could.  It is not a key, but it is a very highly collected series and there are only 5 of them. Who knows how many with White Pages?  Let it rip and get paid. 

I'm leaning that way.  Have already reached out to Heritage and they responded.  It's scary with the no reserve thing, but also sounds like a really interesting and fun experience.  Thank you for the advice! Have you ever auctioned through them?

On 4/5/2024 at 11:52 AM, Corvonie said:

YOU GUYS, I knew I was holding something extremely special in my hands when this book arrived, but I wasn't expecting this!   I don't even know what to say because I'm freaking out, so I won't say anymore until I've fully digested this.

I had some idea when two days ago CGC was like "Oh we just charged you an extra $1200 in high value fees", but really am beside myself.

I feel like this is a once-in-a-lifetime privilege, to have held a silver age 9.8 like this in my hands raw, as well as to be its owner.  I'm just so grateful. Thanks, everyone!

Wow. Congrats, that's a sweeet book

On 4/5/2024 at 1:52 PM, Corvonie said:

I had some idea when two days ago CGC was like "Oh we just charged you an extra $xxxx in high value fees", but really am beside myself.

Congratulations! I’m always hesitant to try to grade beautiful examples of silver age books, because it really is like throwing a dart at a wall in how CGC approaches it. You struck gold with this one. Beautiful specimen ^^

On 4/7/2024 at 7:15 AM, Bmattioli86 said:

Congratulations! I’m always hesitant to try to grade beautiful examples of silver age books, because it really is like throwing a dart at a wall in how CGC approaches it. You struck gold with this one. Beautiful specimen ^^

Yes I think there is a certain point where it’s very difficult to tell from photos.  I will say that, in person, there was no doubt to me that this was a 9.2/4, just because of how it literally felt brand new when I held and read it.