• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2024 Grading Contest Spring Edition Season 3 (#10) Round 3
13 13

194 posts in this topic

• Administrator
On 4/30/2024 at 9:38 PM, JollyComics said:

Grades are due this May 4 so the results will be ready tomorrow?   :wishluck:

I believe so.

Better this round as I'm adjusting to this contests ahem... loose grading standards. O.o 2 bulls 3 points total. Probably still out of the running even for 6th place due to the first 2 rounds disaster. doh!lol

On 4/30/2024 at 11:33 PM, Point Five said:

The idea of e.g. three players in 4th place duking it out for 6th place is pretty funny.  lol

I hadn't thought of that possibility, but that could be hilarious. Let me see, do I get more points for grading this apparently 6.0 book at 0.5, or 10.0... ???

, I had been crazy busy and finally sat down to submit my grades just to realize I just missed the deadline by a couple hours. So much for procrastination as a good strategy.

Ugh! :ohnoez::pullhair::tonofbricks:

3 points and 2 bulls in this redemption round (7.5 for SW8, 9.0 on the Cap, and 7.5 on the Flash). Any chance we can scrap the worst round? Lol I’d still be in this maybe if not for my utter tank job in round 2…

Posted (edited)

I went 7 as the absolute highest I thought you can go with rust (so much rust). Replace those staples and call it a reader - for real, though.

That one hurt, but I overgraded everything else, too.  8 points, rough round.

Edited by Darwination

I saw the rusty staples on SW 8 and figured it was a moderate defect only because the damage wasn't enough that the staples were blown thru. To me that's the most difficult decision at times. When does a moderate defect become a major one.