• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

LB Cole Romance Poll Complaints
4 4

28 posts in this topic

A place to express your frustration with the poll

On 4/17/2024 at 12:38 AM, sfcityduck said:

I'm coming late to the voting. I would have been picking School Day Romances 4 very high if listed.

It received only two votes in the initial round, so another vote would not have propelled it into the finals.

Flaming Western Romance 5

We just nominated a Western photo cover for the Top 20 :facepalm:

I left out one book that tied for fifth place.  I mentally flipped a coin, and it happened to land on the cover I liked better.  What are the odds of that?

257029.jpg

On 4/17/2024 at 12:52 AM, adamstrange said:

I left out one book that tied for fifth place.  I mentally flipped a coin, and it happened to land on the cover I liked better.  What are the odds of that?

257029.jpg

I love this one and it got my vote.  The perspective, the MOON, the MANDALS!  I love the TTLR run, but how some of them got in over this one I dunno.  (shrug)

Ok..  1 other opinion....  this one:

257025.jpg.2f53353ac04d35efa9f18e3986bcc

Is a fantastic cover.  You get 4 babes for the price of 1!  But is it really a romance cover?  It's more of a teen/humor book.  The issue after it had a friggin' gorilla on it!  Eventually it goes full romance, but whereas this is a great cover I couldn't vote for it as I don't consider it a real romance cover.  

On 4/17/2024 at 2:09 PM, Darwination said:

I'm not complaining about this awesome poll,  I'm complaining about the poor taste of you voters :D         :makepoint::makepoint::makepoint:

This one got squeaked out, my fave of the war themed ones

Top Love Stories 12 (1953-04.Star) cover L.B. Cole (HA Darwin Edit)

Would it crack the top 8? hm At least now I don't  have to agonize over that particular question.

This jumped onto my personal list after seeing it in this poll. Beautiful cover! I'd love to find a copy where the colors blaze like this.  :wishluck: 

On 4/17/2024 at 2:09 PM, Darwination said:

I'm not complaining about this awesome poll,  I'm complaining about the poor taste of you voters :D         :makepoint::makepoint::makepoint:

I'm hoping people will be more careful with their votes in this final round. :wishluck:

Clearly, only those who are sleep deprived, distracted, or consuming recreational pharmaceuticals would have failed to nominate such a great cover.

53649433092_4a2bfe5044_b.jpg

Posted (edited)
On 4/17/2024 at 1:35 PM, pmpknface said:

Ok..  1 other opinion....  this one:

257025.jpg.2f53353ac04d35efa9f18e3986bcc

Is a fantastic cover.  You get 4 babes for the price of 1!  But is it really a romance cover?  It's more of a teen/humor book.  The issue after it had a friggin' gorilla on it!  Eventually it goes full romance, but whereas this is a great cover I couldn't vote for it as I don't consider it a real romance cover.  

I think this is a good teenager cover, but I still consider a lesser effort from Cole. 

It's unnecessarily busy, the color design is rather drab, and the gal in the green suit has an unattractive face.

Edited by adamstrange

On 4/17/2024 at 11:09 AM, Darwination said:

This one got squeaked out, my fave of the war themed ones

Top Love Stories 12 (1953-04.Star) cover L.B. Cole (HA Darwin Edit)

Would it crack the top 8? hm At least now I don't  have to agonize over that particular question.

I didn’t vote for it :canofworms:

On 4/17/2024 at 1:47 PM, pmpknface said:

I thought maybe we'd get 2 more, vote for best 3 of 10 and then another to finish it all off - but it's not my poll.

We have run multi-round polls in the past and I think that people get tired of them before the last round happens.  The advantage to that approach is that it would allow us to better judge the consensus position of all 20 covers.

For example, I only get to choose 8 covers and can't indicate which of those I like better than the others.  I am not giving any input on how much I like the other 12.

My hope is that the 8 selection approach works.  If it doesn't, we can try a different one.

On 4/17/2024 at 5:11 PM, LadyDeath said:

I'd like to see a mass poll for Baker's best covers. Would be entertaining.

Last one was in 2018

Not in order, but top 18

Baker Poll 2018.jpg