• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1st appearances - just the comic equivalent of rookie cards? Oh and post a cover of a 1st appearance book in your collection
7 7

309 posts in this topic

On 5/9/2024 at 8:20 PM, Zonker said:

When I first started collecting, I was very interested in getting the origin issues-- after all, they explain how it all started, right?  And often the origin was also the first appearance, so much the better.  But with the constant continuity reboots of the last 40 years, any given origin story is more likely than not going to be re-written more than once.  So, arguably, the first time the origin is told becomes much less interesting if it is going to be superseded sometime down the line.  But first appearances are always going to be the first appearances, no matter how often the concept is reworked/reimagined.  For those so inclined, it is a better investment than that of an origin issue subject to retroactive change without notice. :frown:

Peacemaker.JPG

*That* is a cool book.

On 5/9/2024 at 9:09 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

5975431_Full_Obv.jpg

On my wishlist shortlist. I figure I'll pick up a copy within a year or two.

On 5/10/2024 at 7:08 AM, jimbo_7071 said:

I care about #1 issues even less; they're often the most common issues from a run because so many people save #1s.

Truth! Issues #2 and #3 are almost always much more difficult to find than #1's.

:preach:

On 5/9/2024 at 11:56 PM, thehumantorch said:

While buying run moderns from the LCS I was essentially collecting the 'last appearance' of a character.  The following month I'd have to buy that too, cause it's now the 'last appearance' of a character..:tonofbricks:

If your want to assemble a nice collection of last appearence, i recommand you to look on the side of "Injustice" and "Dceased".

The death of nightwing especially is really well orchestrated and could be a good investment.

nightwing-death-in-injustice-comics.thumb.jpg.066e85afec2fe9f6bdde65b06d3d38c9.jpg