• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1st appearances - just the comic equivalent of rookie cards? Oh and post a cover of a 1st appearance book in your collection
7 7

350 posts in this topic

On 5/8/2024 at 9:43 PM, MattrixAlien said:

Thoughts?

They are both the same, but sports cards have new hot multiple rookie card keys every year, while in comics not much since The Walking Dead #1 came out over 20 years ago. With sports cards that get more multiple hot rookie cards in 1 year or 2 years than comic books get hot keys in twenty years. 

:fear:

On 5/11/2024 at 1:37 AM, thehumantorch said:

To be fair, as much as I don't love his art I have to acknowledge that his art to a significant degree defines 1990s art.  Despite his lack of technical ability he still brought something to the art form, helped sell millions of comics and attracted a lot of fans.

Agreed. He always has he is the creator of Deadpool. He is set for life at age 55.plus he has one of the best comic podcasts going now. Always at least an hour dive, not one of those cheap 10 minute quicky Youtube videos. 

On 5/14/2024 at 8:19 PM, Hepcat said:

Hopefully you have not just Ken Griffey but most of the other cards in those 1989 baseball sets.

2c

A few. I collect the cards of the players from a few sports that I idolized when I was a kid in the 70s and 80s with a few random rookie cards of other star players.

On 5/14/2024 at 3:38 PM, ganni said:

1st Spiderverse

dd8c.thumb.jpg.ac4e0e9b88ef152bcf5d3d17a10a23e4.jpg

Really? Is this becoming a sought after book now? Gees I sold my low grade copy of this in a bundle for a few bucks effectively recently

On 5/15/2024 at 4:29 PM, MattrixAlien said:

Really? Is this becoming a sought after book now? Gees I sold my low grade copy of this in a bundle for a few bucks effectively recently

Never gave it much thought and I haven't looked it up but I kind of assumed Madame Webb's first appearance kind of started the Spider-verse. Were there any other variants before her other than the clone?