• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is anyone else getting books back with warped inner wells?
23 23

1,666 posts in this topic

On 8/25/2024 at 2:19 PM, DC# said:

IT should be noted that this video contains a new statement from CGC on the matter

Screenshot2024-08-25at12_18_53PM.thumb.png.85adc82db03e839da251116a0349db35.png

Funny.  They deny it to everyone that submits the issue and claim it’s normal.  Tells me they don’t take it serious.

Edited by DanJD

On 8/25/2024 at 5:11 PM, Poutine said:

Off topic but anyone else despise people who put their faces on the thumbnail making a stupid face?

Yup. This is a pet peeve of mine for You Tube videos, but for some reason it does seem to work for growing channels. 

On 8/23/2024 at 10:26 PM, Berkfam54 said:

At some point there has got to be a post on their socials and website about the issue and how they’re going to resolve it.

I don't believe that is ever going to happen. The loss of money and time to fix all these books will be completely unacceptable to the big bosses. 

On 8/25/2024 at 6:18 PM, wombat said:

I don't believe that is ever going to happen. The loss of money and time to fix all these books will be completely unacceptable to the big bosses. 

Wealthy Exec's need them bonus'.  20-24 months is what is required for the resume to get while the gettin' is good.

See it all the time in my firm which is in the Fortune 15.   Execs who stay around for greater than 4 years are outliers, 2 years is the norm. Blackstone is 464 so my guess is it's a testing for many resume padders "on the rise"

Edited by MAY1979

On 8/25/2024 at 2:00 PM, SpineTic said:

This video is not showing up at all for me. Who is the YouTuber? We did a livestream on it yesterday and I've noticed others have as well. Looks like its gaining traction. 

On 8/23/2024 at 11:54 AM, Stefan_W said:

Does anyone know whether sig authentication books are also coming back with curved inner wells?  

Yes as I stated much earlier in this thread, all 59 books of mine from the Wolverine/Claremont signing have warped wells.  The X-Men photos that keep being reposted are my 9.8 books with 3-4 sigs. 

On 8/25/2024 at 5:11 PM, Poutine said:

Off topic but anyone else despise people who put their faces on the thumbnail making a stupid face?

I have never been happier to hear Alphabet has been deemed a monopoly

100% Agree.

On 8/26/2024 at 8:21 AM, BrashL said:

He’s talked about this. Those kind of thumbnails get far and away get more clicks than anything else. Don’t hate the player, hate the game. 

Who?

On 8/26/2024 at 2:49 PM, lollyclown said:

At this point those of us who have gotten screwed up books, damaged books, this , should quit messing around with them and contact our banks and initiate chargeback processes. If cgc won't promptly fix things and their quality control is so poor that they are letting things like this out the door, then screw them. They are damaging our property and the types of damage and the types of screw ups that are going on are growing at an exponential rate.

After providing the back and forth between their customer service and myself, my bank had no issue doing it for me.

Let us know if they block you from submitting in the future.

This is the first video I’ve seen that shows inner well measurements of new and slightly older slabs. His measurements say they are the same size. He also says the books will lay flat a short while after removal from the inner well.

He mentions posting on the boards, so  hopefully he’s a boardie. If so, very well done.

On 8/26/2024 at 8:57 PM, electricprune said:

This is the first video I’ve seen that shows inner well measurements of new and slightly older slabs. His measurements say they are the same size. He also says the books will lay flat a short while after removal from the inner well.

He mentions posting on the boards, so  hopefully he’s a boardie. If so, very well done.

His name is stephan in the 1st few seconds, so could be our very own @Stefan_W which kudos to hear the noise and still keep at it to give Lord willing information. Even if for now some have the privilege of thinking it is not as common or somehow not widespread in damage, just to keep level and provide the info. I'm sure it still isn't perfect, but when specifically silent from "management" for now it is all we have despite opposition, and the evidence of our own books before our eyes!