• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pencil removed with success! :)
3 3

35 posts in this topic

On 5/18/2024 at 2:30 PM, BA773 said:

The guy obviously quoted my ethnicity i dont know what you want in more... and its not the first time

"Snowflake" has nothing to do with ethnicity. It's (largely American) slang for someone who is overly sensitive and demanding of unwarranted special treatment.

No one here is judging you because you are from Switzerland. People are judging you because what you did -- from the perspective of nearly everyone other than you in this hobby -- was taking a fairly nice book and making it much, much worse.

On 5/18/2024 at 5:43 PM, Dr. Love said:

Ah the Swiss!  Often mistaken, but never in doubt.

This coming on the boards looking for a pat on the head and instead getting a kick in the pants, never gets old for me

Here. Are you all blinds?! 

All of you are only fools. 

This time is all good for me.

Bye.

On 5/18/2024 at 8:37 PM, BA773 said:

Bye.

Stick around, BA. There are people here you rub along with. I don't think Dr Love meant anything nasty by his comment. He is a doctor of Love, after all, and it's just a bit of teasing. You do have a habit of getting enthusiastic about things which many collectors see quite differently and damaging a comic isn't going to win many people over here. You can see that, surely.

If you leave, you're letting down the people you've got along with here. And you're our only Swiss member, as far as I can see.

You've done well to last this long and not let the language barrier stop you. Stick around...

oh good lord.  there's thick skinned, thin skinned, and...BA773!

three teasing comments from me and this guy's threatening to never bother us again with his entertaining threads...which is totally a bluff btw, never happen

ok look - Ah the Swiss, the greatest people on this fabulous planet! better than those ridiculous Americans!  better now?

and you may never want to check out this nasty thread, your head might explode from the sheer hate of it all

On 5/18/2024 at 4:08 PM, Dr. Love said:

oh good lord.  there's thick skinned, thin skinned, and...BA773!

three teasing comments from me and this guy's threatening to never bother us again with his entertaining threads...which is totally a bluff btw, never happen

ok look - Ah the Swiss, the greatest people on this fabulous planet! better than those ridiculous Americans!  better now?

and you may never want to check out this nasty thread, your head might explode from the sheer hate of it all

Hey!

On 5/18/2024 at 11:08 AM, BA773 said:

Reported, im just tired and hurted of racist people trough this forum, i will stop to came in these forums in few times.

You sounded like an American.  I think you will be fine here and get used to it.

On 5/18/2024 at 5:14 PM, Math Teacher said:

I understand that the original poster wanted to remove an arrival date, which he did, which is why he considered his work to be a "success." I also understand that many others feel the book has been downgraded (I think ruined is far too harsh a term) due to the OP's work.

I think the problem is how many people want to "pile on" when someone makes a mistake. @zzutak pointed out that the erasure didn't improve the book, it worsened it. But somehow, four more people felt the need to post exactly the same opinion. I'm not sure what is accomplished by belittling someone multiple times.

When I joined these boards back in 2018, I made my share of "dumb" posts. Fortunately, people pointed out my mistakes privately (via DM) rather than joining in to make me feel bad. This reminds me of a saying that I always applied, both in the classroom and in sports: Praise in public, criticize in private.

Made?

On 5/18/2024 at 4:21 PM, Math Teacher said:

Fixed.

Not quite.  I suspect Joe was (lightheartedly) questioning your choice of tense here:

On 5/18/2024 at 2:14 PM, Math Teacher said:

I made make my share of "dumb" posts.

:hi:

On 5/18/2024 at 6:39 PM, zzutak said:

Not quite.  I suspect Joe was (lightheartedly) questioning your choice of tense here:

:hi:

Of course. I still make "dumb" posts now and then, but I think that I have been doing better lately. (thumbsu