• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman #608 for over $500!
3 3

454 posts in this topic

Damn it! Now I want one...

It was very interesting to read some of the predictions on the first few pages of this thread, along with a thread form 2003 supplied by Flying Donut. Some thought this would cool way the %*#$ down, guess not.

Basically everyone who hates modern books thinks every MA book will fail. Obviously they should return their Magic 8 Balls.

:popcorn: Can't wait to see what it finishes at.

EDIT: Awww 'only' $4,050 lol

Jerome

There was no usual last second bidding.

Those people may be kicking themselves when they find themselves waiting six months to a year for the next 9.8 copy to un-peel itself from a long term PC. :frustrated:

-J.

$2k for a crappy pic only showing one side at that:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/332023766600?rmvSB=true

It must be okay if the seller says it's in 'excellent NM' condition. I think he means to say it's a 9.5 grade (shrug) The power of this book never ceases to amaze, 2 large opening bid.....

Jerome

Edited by Lethal_Collector

$2k for a crappy pic only showing one side at that:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/332023766600?rmvSB=true

It must be okay if the seller says it's in 'excellent NM' condition. I think he means to say it's a 9.5 grade (shrug) The power of this book never ceases to amaze, 2 large opening bid.....

Jerome

$2,100 :shy:

Damn. That's pretty good considering there's no back cover pic and no zoom-able front cover pic. :ohnoez:

-J.

It definitely has.

If or when "the market" decides to delineate a real "Modern Age" either this book or Walking Dead #1 would be the best and most likely starting points.

I would probably give the edge to this book since it's a variant (one of the first of its kind, and this age will predominately be remembered and known for those) a first appearance and Part 1 of a significant Bats storyline.

-J.

It definitely has.

If or when "the market" decides to delineate a real "Modern Age" either this book or Walking Dead #1 would be the best and most likely starting points.

I would probably give the edge to this book since it's a variant (one of the first of its kind, and this age will predominately be remembered and known for those) a first appearance and Part 1 of a significant Bats storyline.

-J.

I would think this age will be known as the movie / television / mixed media age before it'll be known as the variant age.

$2100 is a huge gamble, but if it scores a 9.8... well... the rest is history... we'll see it on ebay

Fixed it for you :P

Jerome

That's a long shot of long shots.

Nobody has pulled a 9.8 on one in more than two years.

Realistically, somebody most likely paid $2100 for a raw 9.4. Which is probably about right.

-J.

It definitely has.

-J.

:facepalm:

The market only decides prices, nothing else.

A variant cover, alone, means less to the beginning of a new age of comics than the piece of dog mess on the sidewalk in front of your home. Hush and/or a Loeb/Lee team-up don't exactly move the needle, either.

Hush is definitely a Modern classic storyline, as is Black Mirror.

Yes the vast majority of collectors and Batman readers agree with you.

Not only that but the story arc put Batman back on the map and to the top of the sales charts overnight , nearly tripling the sales of 607. It was a turning point for the title and the fact that it had such a limited variant (unique at the time ) was icing on the cake.

To wit, there's a reason why the RRP , was shockingly selling for "$500" shortly after being released. :olol

-J.

Thread from the LAST time you haters talked about this book...

basically this is the RRP edition that was handed out ONLY at the DC retailer summit in Burbank. Only 200 of this, Fables 6 with a special cover and Global Frequency 1 with a special cover were printed.

Good call by me.

Oh yeah, that comic will hold its value.

I was thinking the exact same thing. What will be the market value for this comic 10 years down the road? Or heck, once Jim Lee leaves the title as he inevitably will? If anyone really wants a copy, I would wait & buy it later for far less.

15 years down the road, the market value has quadrupled. If you were waiting to buy one for far less, you are still waiting.