• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman #608 for over $500!
3 3

454 posts in this topic

ROI typically means Return On Investment:

2003 - Bought Bats 608 9.8 for $500

2016 - Sell for $4,000

ROI - $4,000 - $500 = $3,500, which gives us 900% ROI

Isn't that 700%?

Considering you get the original $500 back on the sale, the return is 800%. The net profit is 700%.

I don't see any numbers that would be 900%.

Investing $500 for 14 years and returning $4000 is an annual return of 15% (compounded).

Ah yep, you are right I must've typo'd it or missed it completely :makepoint:

Jerome

ROI typically means Return On Investment:

2003 - Bought Bats 608 9.8 for $500

2016 - Sell for $4,000

ROI - $4,000 - $500 = $3,500, which gives us 900% ROI

Isn't that 700%?

Considering you get the original $500 back on the sale, the return is 800%. The net profit is 700%.

I don't see any numbers that would be 900%.

Investing $500 for 14 years and returning $4000 is an annual return of 15% (compounded).

Bernie Madoff couldn't beat those returns!

(I think it's more like 13 years as the "oh my gosh it's $500" was in 2003, but maybe it was already in 2002, I dunno)

Future Value Calculator:

http://www.calculator.net/future-value-calculator.html?ctype=endamount&cyearsv=13&cstartingprinciplev=500&cinterestratev=9&ccontributeamountv=0&ciadditionat1=end&printit=0&x=52&y=13

CPI Inflation Calculator:

http://www.bls.gov/data/inflation_calculator.htm

It's that easy... :makepoint:

I love that cover but the American copy is way out of my price range. Is it better to own a French copy or Italian or?

If you're just buying one of the foreign reprints for the cover , I don't think it makes a difference. But I do think there's a German version that's a little less "busy" than the French or Italian versions.

-J.

What did these things go for, raw, when they first came out and were they really hard to get?

They went for $200 pretty quickly, not available except for those who attended the Retailer Roundtable Program. Soon it was $500.

The rumor was that only 200 were made, and that statement slowly got higher as more copies showed up. Even FlyingDonut stated the "200 printed" in the first page of this topic.

The CGC census has 289 copies already graded. More exist as raw... it's hard to believe the majority of any distributed comic book has been CGC graded... except maybe Action #1, and even that's debatable.

Damn it! Now I want one...

It was very interesting to read some of the predictions on the first few pages of this thread, along with a thread form 2003 supplied by Flying Donut. Some thought this would cool way the %*#$ down, guess not.

Basically everyone who hates modern books thinks every MA book will fail. Obviously they should return their Magic 8 Balls.

:popcorn: Can't wait to see what it finishes at.

EDIT: Awww 'only' $4,050 lol

Jerome

Edited by Lethal_Collector