• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Houseroy has officially lost his mind
3 3

58 posts in this topic

On 8/1/2024 at 8:33 PM, MAR1979 said:

I had been a huge Roy fan at one point, now I find his actions thoroughly disgusting and WITHOUT HONOR!

Deserves Zero Credit for Wolverine! Evanier explains it very nicely

https://www.newsfromme.com/2024/04/16/claws-for-debate-part-3/

Great article. Sounds like comic books need something like the Writers Guild guidelines mentioned by Evanier.

On 8/1/2024 at 6:33 PM, MAR1979 said:

I had been a huge Roy fan at one point, now I find his actions thoroughly disgusting and WITHOUT HONOR!

Deserves Zero Credit for Wolverine! Evanier explains it very nicely

https://www.newsfromme.com/2024/04/16/claws-for-debate-part-3/

interesting read thanks

On 8/1/2024 at 10:21 PM, Transplant said:

Sounds like something Stu would say.  :baiting:

You can send a PM to the board administrators and ask them to check my email and IP addresses (or whatever process they use to detect Stu) if you'd like. :baiting: 

I originally started on the board in 2003 when Flaming Telepath (remember him?) told me about the CGC board in a message he had sent to me on eBay. I was active on the board until the new forum software was implemented. As you may recall, some users were not able to login in on the new board. I was one of those users. I tried to have my login recovered but for whatever reason I was never able to log back in. So, I gave up on visiting the board until last year. I've basically been a lurker until now. 

On 8/2/2024 at 9:36 AM, AlterEgo2024 said:

You can send a PM to the board administrators and ask them to check my email and IP addresses (or whatever process they use to detect Stu) if you'd like. :baiting: 

I originally started on the board in 2003 when Flaming Telepath (remember him?) told me about the CGC board in a message he had sent to me on eBay. I was active on the board until the new forum software was implemented. As you may recall, some users were not able to login in on the new board. I was one of those users. I tried to have my login recovered but for whatever reason I was never able to log back in. So, I gave up on visiting the board until last year. I've basically been a lurker until now. 

By and by @CGC Mike might try again, who had success recently with "less blob" boardie.  :shy:

Shouldn't hurt for me to ask if he has time, might as well. :shy: edit to say although he's been busy as of late 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

BTW Roy had not lost his mind. If anything its proven he is still as Rascally as ever. Where Rasically = Devious

Honest Good People don't rise to an Executive Position like Editor In Chief. You need to be nasty, cutthroat, and to at least some degree a sociopath. That goes for any Exec Position in any semblance of a decent size firm.  Those who lack those characteristics never rise above middle levels

On 8/2/2024 at 9:36 AM, AlterEgo2024 said:

It was a joke. I'm a fan of Stu's, mostly, anyway.  

On 8/2/2024 at 9:18 AM, Transplant said:

It was a joke. I'm a fan of Stu's, mostly, anyway.  

I've been here a long time, and I've never been able to figure out who/what Stu is. I wish there was a Stu Primer out there. For the uninitiated, he's some sort of mix between the Boogeyman and Gandalf.

On 8/2/2024 at 11:24 AM, Dr. Balls said:

Roy Thomas just has to outlive Al Gore and he can lay claim to inventing the internet.

Gore, at least, championed legislation that expanded the accessibility and development of the internet.  I'm doubtful that Roy Thomas was that influential in creating Wolverine.

• Administrator
On 8/2/2024 at 10:36 AM, AlterEgo2024 said:

What was your previous user id?

On 8/2/2024 at 7:49 AM, MAR1979 said:

BTW Roy had not lost his mind. If anything its proven he is still as Rascally as ever. Where Rasically = Devious

Honest Good People don't rise to an Executive Position like Editor In Chief. You need to be nasty, cutthroat, and to at least some degree a sociopath. That goes for any Exec Position in any semblance of a decent size firm.  Those who lack those characteristics never rise above middle levels

Roy was hired as Stan's assistant. He took his boss's job when Stan retired. It's not as if he was one of hundreds of junior execs and he clawed his way to the top,over the bodies of his competition.  

There was a time when I considered the DeFalco's as friends, and I assure you Tom DeFalco doesn't have a mean bone in his body and most certainly isn't a sociopath. 

I like Roy. He had a key role in Marvel's transition into the Bronze Age that wasn't fully recognized. I'm not going to let the rantings of a bitter old man erase the lifetime of enjoyment he gave me.   

On 8/2/2024 at 12:07 PM, CGC Mike said:

What was your previous user id?

Hi Mike,

My original username was my real first and last name. I'd prefer to not have that username resurrected due to my concern with internet security in general . I appreciate your offer. :foryou: