• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A poll on whether this forum name should be changed
5 5

The Golden Age / Atom Age Forum Title Poll  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think this forum should remain the Golden Age forum or be renamed the Golden And Atomic Age forum?

• Golden Age
    • Golden and Atomic Age

58 posts in this topic

On 9/11/2024 at 11:26 AM, CGC Mike said:

Are you saying you don't think another poll is needed to dictate when this poll should end?

I think when the pole is of sufficient length for our brave athletes to clear the high bar and take home the GOLD! :headbang:

On 9/11/2024 at 5:34 PM, 1950's war comics said:

iv'e bought a lot of vintage comic books off Ebay over the years, encompassing nearly every calendar year, and not one of them was advertised as being from the atomic age 

eBay, fountain of wisdom that it is. GOD BLESS ...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 9/11/2024 at 8:36 AM, CGC Mike said:

When does this poll end?

I left it open with no definite end.

On 9/11/2024 at 8:46 AM, grendel013 said:

The poll should remain open indefinitely, so future generations can destroy what we worked so hard to build.

Comedy gold with lots of truth. (worship)

It'll be interesting to revisit this topic 5 or 10 years from now and see if this discussion influences anyone or changes their minds down the road, but for now I think it's fair to say with 46 for keeping the old name and 17 against, with the lead continuing to grow that majority has spoken.

Can we just get our precious forum name back now?

It was never close. I'm not sure why anyone thought it was.

On 9/11/2024 at 4:27 PM, VintageComics said:

It'll be interesting to revisit this topic 5 or 10 years from now and see if this discussion influences anyone or changes their minds down the road, but for now I think it's fair to say with 46 for keeping the old name and 17 against, with the lead continuing to grow that majority has spoken.

Make that 47 ...

On 9/11/2024 at 7:27 PM, VintageComics said:

It was never close. I'm not sure why anyone thought it was.

I was always a fan of accuracy, as opposed to simplicity. That's just me, plus I always considered the output of the Atomic Age to be far superior to the more remedial fare of the  WWII years. 2c GOD BLESS ...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 9/11/2024 at 7:41 PM, jimjum12 said:

I was always a fan of accuracy, as opposed to simplicity. That's just me, plus I always considered the output of the Atomic Age to be far superior to the more remedial fare of the  WWII years. 2c 

I love splitting hairs (as if nobody ever noticed :D), but in this case, for me tradition trumps precision.

For me the largest motivating factor for sticking with the traditional title of GA was that by using Atomic Age, I felt compelled to actually give consideration to other portions of the GA as well, further splitting hairs...and that just opened up a can of worms too complicated for the rest of the Hobby to understand.

That may change in the future, especially if the Atomic Age name continues to catch on and expand in usage, but at this point it just seems to me as though the name would be considered redundant to those who know better and confusing to those who don't.

BTW, Love you Jimbo. So glad you're around with us again. :cloud9:

Edited by VintageComics

On 9/11/2024 at 8:57 PM, Telegan said:

Well, considering this question was asked back in September of 2002, maybe it should go forever :

lol. :D

So many things grab me out of that link.

For one, how friendly and formal everyone is with each other. Social media was still in it's infancy.

Second, Pov made that post the day he joined. :cloud9:

Third, that Atomic Age trend may be catching on! :D

On 9/11/2024 at 9:02 PM, CGC Mike said:

I can easily change this back if it is decided by the majority.  Maybe next week, or in 10 years... 

We need to sign up for a time-slot for when we can choose the title for the Forum.

All Mike has to do is change it every 15 minutes to whatever that person wants.

Problem solved! :acclaim: