• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,770 posts in this topic

The past month has had everything land at once (mostly in the last week)... either due to payments completing, or additional sketch requests adding time to previous purchases... oh and conventions.

(apologies to your scrolling finger in advance)

The Sixth Gun - Brian Hurtt + headshots to frame with pages

ODhzpZc.jpg

7k8m1SV.jpg

uyNUokT.jpg

PHE2aMX.jpg

The Stuff of Legend - CPW3 + sketch

JMMpfYO.jpg

TNDgGyP.jpg

Camthc6.jpg

Some Batman Cult prelims

yg7PXrX.jpg

Con Sketches

TxPqtHa.jpg

r1WBu2w.jpg

GIq0kR1.jpg

Oh and some stuff for my daughters and their friend. It's actually been good to read on this forum that I am not alone in getting the young 'uns involved with the hobby. Willow is busting out the pencils most days now any trying her hand at drawing "comic art" :)

Willow and her friend at N.I.C.E. con...

Aneke - artist on Dynamite's "Damsels"

4j4EXLu.jpg

The Last Unicorn

otF6sN5.jpg

Good fairy

GuGKnwD.jpg

... some mixed media commissions that arrived after I handed over one of my kidneys to Canada post :(

4qDUXrg.jpg

SiHdQQk.jpg

Great stuff Garf! now you need to save for 6 months to get all of it framed.

those CPW3 pages are liquid awesome!

:)

Thankfully I had 5 frames spare from an earlier bulk purchase... but I know what you mean. 2 frames left now *sigh*. Realistically only one page left that I want to get my hands on. Unrealistically two pages and two sketches.

That's awesome Garf! I saw your TSG pages on that thread, but you have a nice haul from CPW3 too... Love those Jester pages!

...never any love for the MLP stuff :sorry:

... errrr what I mean to say is CPW3's pencils are a joy to actually hold / own. I was pretty amazed by his work in print to start with. My budget for art is really really really modest so those and the rest were a long time coming. Both Brian Hurtt and CPW3 were very helpful.

Definitely time to spectate this thread for a while. Really enjoy all the updates in here.

:popcorn:

So, I was able to pick up the 1st new page for me in a while.

A really nice example from Here Comes tomorrow, with every single major character in it (not too many pages have all 6 of them, if you count outside-affiliatelinksnotallowed's legs)

http://cafurl.com?i=20333

TbJjBE0N_2609131711451.jpg

"R o v e r" gets changed to "-affiliatelinksnotallowed"? :)

I just uploaded a cover that hit a nostalgic sweet spot. An Adam Warren cover to Bubblegum Crisis!

CAF Link

Malvin

Not only do you have a ridiculous amount of art pass through your mitts but now you post something with priss (perrr-iss-u :P ) san front and center fighting boomers! Yup, I hate you right now ;) hehe

ENVY!!!

Every now and again this anime crops up. I have a cel somewhere of Priss in action!

edit: found it... man it is so beat up. It lived on the wall for ages when I was a kid just tacked up there and has been through so many moves. Never looked after it. Ah well. Still love that anime.

HEDfFGw.jpg

YDRhFjS.jpg

Edited by Garf

I picked up three pieces that I can show at the Rose City Comic Con in Portland, OR. Click the images to embiggen.

I posted a trip report on these boards here and on Facebook (with pictures).

With no further delay, I give you:

GA Wonder Woman vs. SA Supergirl

fp8LcQgr_2809131524221.jpg

Cinderella (from Cinderella - Fables are Forever) by Chrissie Zullo

ampI4bBq_2809131552551.jpg

Princess Celestia by Andy Price

GZSgvvsk_2809131601221.jpg

My brother and my LCS manager both say that I'm now a brony. I say no, I just have a theme - artists and the characters I associate them with. Thoughts? :)

Hey, everyone! Been a while since I got myself something new. Just add a great new page from the X-Men to my personal collection. It's from the early 90's and features the talents of artist Whilce Portacio. So, you know it's gonna be good. Stop by my gallery and give it a gander. Just follow the link right here. Thanks. :D

Oh, and I don't think I linked you to my wife's newest piece that she got last month. You can check that out here. Enjoy, all you OA lovers! ;)