• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,761 posts in this topic

Wife got me this for my birthday:

aacave13.jpg

Wow that is so cool. Is this a recent sketch? I thought it was hard to get an Eric Powell sketch and he doesn't sketch anything other than Goon. Was I mistaken?

Congrats!

Malvin

I won this off of Heritage tonight for $45 :o (it's 30" x 40"!)

Did I get a great deal, or is there no market for these?

Here is the Heritage description: Ronnie Cutrone Woody Woodpecker Putting Your Face On Limited Edition Serigraph #33/100 (Ronnie Cutrone, 1989).

Ronnie Cutrone is a Pop artist best known for his large-scale paintings of America's favorite cartoon characters, the Pink Panther, Felix the Cat, Bugs Bunny, and Woody Woodpecker. On the surface, Cutrone's paintings are colorful, lively, and highly accessible -- the definition of Pop. Cutrone was Andy Warhol's assistant at the "art factory" during Warhol's most productive and prestigious years. This limited edition serigraph print measures 30" x 40". Aside from some corner bumping and a bent lower right corner, the work is in Very Good condition. Signed and numbered by Ronnie Cutrone at the bottom. Similar Cutrone serigraphs are often retailed at $800 -$1500

woody.jpg

I just order a cover recreation of First's second TMNT graphic novel (http://www.comicscardscollectables.com/catalog/images/tmnt-gn-2.jpg) The artist is a guy named Gregory Woronchak, and he seemed excited for it, even offered to do it in color instead of just ink as had been our original terms. So hopefully I'll have something really spiffy to show off in a few weeks.

ffcomics, that Powell Wolverine is gorgeous

Edited by Elijya

I just order a cover recreation of First's second TMNT graphic novel (http://www.comicscardscollectables.com/catalog/images/tmnt-gn-2.jpg) The artist is a guy named Gregory Woronchak, and he seemed excited for it, even offered to do it in color instead of just ink as had been our original terms. So hopefully I'll have something really spiffy to show off in a few weeks.

Nice...one of the classic TMNT poses. Should make for a nice piece. Please post when you get it!

Nice...one of the classic TMNT poses. Should make for a nice piece. Please post when you get it!

That was the first TMNT comic I ever read, and I discovered they were so much more badass than that cartoon. That's always been my definitive TMNT image.

Wow, the guy doing my TMNT recreation sent me this earlier, and he'll be getting to the colors next. He works fast, and this was inexpensive, so I'm gonna see about him doing some more.

get-attachmentaspx.jpg

get-attachmentaspx-1.jpg

Here's the colored version of that piece. It's nice, but I think I'm gonna ask him to take some blacks to it to darken it up a bit.

Edited by Elijya

im a lil new to sharing on this side :) usualy in the selling section buying :P

not OA but i couldnt find signiture section so i hope its ok.

i collect cartoon related material and comic book material for art. here is the newest signitures for collection.

myspace002.jpg

myspace001-2.jpg

I like those! Animation stuff is cool, but seems to be harder to collect especially now that it's all done on those damn computers. lol

I've got an ATHF poster signed by most of the folks involved with the show somewhere and a Ren and Stimpy sketch by John K. I'll see if I can post scans......eventually!

lol

This is my latest acquisition. It's from Marvel Two-in-One #49 by Alan Kupperberg and Gene Day. It's nothing fancy, but it's got The Thing with his stogie, which is one of the images I will always have from this era of comics.

:cloud9:

The geniuses that I bought it from put it in a cheap-o frame and taped it to the paper that came with the frame. Thankfully, they seem to have done it just recently as it all came loose without any damage or effort.

71331.jpg.7a22dbe6a18cea10f3d0ddf795136a58.jpg