• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,757 posts in this topic

Another new talent showcase One Minute Later Ken Hunt's Detective #402 One Minute Later ...Ken Hunt

Ken is a new talent jumping onto the scene and his art rep Michael G. Alexander of www.moregreatart.com commissioned Ken as a surprise thank you to me for some work I had done for him. I think Ken brought an modern, high-energy take on Neal Adam's classic cover. Hope you guys like it and considera commission of your own. Thanks to Michael and to Ken

That's a GREAT piece Michael. I really like his style.

Great story too. It's nice to know someone appreciated your help enough to get you a commission piece as a surprise.

Recently, the closest I've gotten to that is someone NOT do a commission I paid for years ago after I helped them out a lot. lol

Some guys have all the luck. You deserve the good karma my friend.

Thank you for the kind words -- pretty rare that someone actually comes back with a "thank you" but it does happen..at least sometimes.

Coming back to the New Talent Showcase, Andie Tong - One Minute Later here is Andie Tong who has been around for several years drawing Spider-Man for Marvel UK and for other European books. Not so much known over here.

Andie did X-Men #9 featuring the X-Men v. Avengers and he wanted to go with a little Phoenix foreshadowing. Kind of a big departure from the actual story but I kind of like it.

These came in while on vacation

Teen Titans #37 by Kitson

titans_37_kitson.jpg

Judge Anderson by Chris Stevens

JudgeAndersonfinalsmall.jpg

Green Lantern Wanted Poster theme by Darryl Banks

GREENLANTERN.jpg

empire.jpg

David Petersen sent me this print of a colored version of a commission he did for me.

IMAG1686.jpg

Thank you for the kind words -- pretty rare that someone actually comes back with a "thank you" but it does happen..at least sometimes.

Coming back to the New Talent Showcase, Andie Tong - One Minute Later here is Andie Tong who has been around for several years drawing Spider-Man for Marvel UK and for other European books. Not so much known over here.

Andie did X-Men #9 featuring the X-Men v. Avengers and he wanted to go with a little Phoenix foreshadowing. Kind of a big departure from the actual story but I kind of like it.

I like the concept! Great idea for the shy little Marvel Girl to KO not only the rest of the X-Men, but the full Avengers as well.

I don't think I posted anything on here yet. I mostly collect sketch covers, but a little less than a year ago I decided to start slowly collecting published art. I made a list of my top 25 wants. So far I got 2 last year and 1 this year.

Wanted: a Dark Tower piece and this is my favorite page story wise from the whole series so far

Jae Lee - Dark Tower Battle of Jericho Hill is. 5 pg. 18

JaeLeeDTv5_005018.jpg

Quickly scanning thru the thread, my eye caught this piece and I thought to myself, "Wow, nice Wrightson page!"

I don't think I posted anything on here yet. I mostly collect sketch covers, but a little less than a year ago I decided to start slowly collecting published art. I made a list of my top 25 wants. So far I got 2 last year and 1 this year.

Wanted: a Dark Tower piece and this is my favorite page story wise from the whole series so far

Jae Lee - Dark Tower Battle of Jericho Hill is. 5 pg. 18

JaeLeeDTv5_005018.jpg

Quickly scanning thru the thread, my eye caught this piece and I thought to myself, "Wow, nice Wrightson page!"

There's certainly worse compliments than having your art mistaken for Bernie Wrightson's work!

I added a unpublished blue line The Boys cover, Herbe Trimpe Wolverine pencil sketch, and an issue of Fallen Angel to my CAF tonight if anyone wants to take a look.

CAF

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=85264

Neat sketch! I was curious, but how long does Herbe take to do his sketches? I might be going to ask him for a full figure one at a con soon and was thinking of doing a sketchbook.

Edited by LastRaven

I added a unpublished blue line The Boys cover, Herbe Trimpe Wolverine pencil sketch, and an issue of Fallen Angel to my CAF tonight if anyone wants to take a look.

CAF

Neat sketch! I was curious, but how long does Herbe take to do his sketches? I might be going to ask him for a full figure one at a con soon and was thinking of doing a sketchbook.

I bought that one out of his book, but he did a sketch cover for me in pencil and marker a couple years ago, it took maybe 20 minutes.

He works pretty quick.

CAF

I bought that one out of his book, but he did a sketch cover for me in pencil and marker a couple years ago, it took maybe 20 minutes.

He works pretty quick.

Thanks for the info. I'll see what he has. To be honest, I'm interested in Transformers stuff, which I imagine wouldn't be in his book.

Thanks for the info. I'll see what he has. To be honest, I'm interested in Transformers stuff, which I imagine wouldn't be in his book.

He does, and did a lot of airplanes, fighter jets, etc in his work, so you might be surprised.

He had an awesome sketch of 2 jets dog fighting.

He does, and did a lot of airplanes, fighter jets, etc in his work, so you might be surprised.

He had an awesome sketch of 2 jets dog fighting.

Interesting... I'll definitely have to stop by. Thanks for your insight! Now if I just have enough money to get everything I want....

Bring reference material of the transformers you want done when you stop, if you weren't already. I think Trimpe normally prefers it, as well.

Always a good idea when the artist may not be familiar with what you want done.