• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,757 posts in this topic

Well 10 issues have passed since that issue so if you read the loose comic its not really a spoiler but I guess if you read the TPB or are new then it could be a bit of a spoiler.

That is already in TPB form also :)

Well 10 issues have passed since that issue so if you read the loose comic its not really a spoiler but I guess if you read the TPB or are new then it could be a bit of a spoiler.

That is already in TPB form also :)

Yup, all I've been reading really is the TBs.

A few new Bagley USM splashes this week...

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=860998&GSub=126552

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=860999&GSub=126552

Most people don't seem to care for the USM 159 splash as it's a bit more "abstract", and not just a big fat Spidey splash. I think that's actually why I like it so much!

New Talent showcase - Michael Sta. Maria does a great Hulk #251 One Minute Later - Michael is repped by Kirk Dilbeck so check out Kirk's CAF and hire Michael today Hulk 251 OML

Very nice!

I just have something small today. A 3"x4" doodle from Katie Cook.

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=861667&GSub=125907

Kelly5-1.jpg

Kelly5-2.jpg

art.jpg

In recent years, I've been trying to piece-together pages from this story which ran for 24 episodes (each episode comprising of 2 pages).

Currently, I have 15 pages (from a total of 48).

It's extremely unlikely that I'll ever complete the serial, but now that I have this favorite episode in my possession, I'm more than happy with what I've got.

The other pages I possess from this storyline are on display in my CAF, together with scans of most of the printed pages (as additional images).

Should anyone be sufficiently intrigued to take a peek, just click onto the link to my CAF at the bottom of this post.

Just in . . . another page from this storyline from 1965 that I've been trying to put back together:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=863035&GSub=109670

I'm now at 20 pages out of a total of 48!

The hunt continues . . .

Hey, congrats! Have you placed more than that? What I mean is, do you know where some of the pieces you don't own are? Or do you own the only 20 you know of?

Good luck, hope you complete it!

Thanks!

I've got a lead on a further 5 pages. ;)

A Spanish collector (on CAF) has a page, but won't entertain cash or trade - unless I get him a nice Bolland original (which is about 10 - 15 times the value of what the Kelly's Eye pages routinely go for). Although I'm quite happy to go over the odds, I don't want to be exploited. :(

Realistically, I doubt that all the remaining pages will ever make their way to me - but I'm certainly happy with what I've got, so I'm not complaining!

I like all the early episodes, which were dark and moody, and I've been very lucky in obtaining quite a few of those.

Part of the fun in trying to piece-together something like this is the thrill of the hunt, if that makes sense?

Collecting would be less satisfying if everything we wanted fell into place a little too easily . . .

Another new talent showcase One Minute Later Ken Hunt's Detective #402 One Minute Later ...Ken Hunt

Ken is a new talent jumping onto the scene and his art rep Michael G. Alexander of www.moregreatart.com commissioned Ken as a surprise thank you to me for some work I had done for him. I think Ken brought an modern, high-energy take on Neal Adam's classic cover. Hope you guys like it and considera commission of your own. Thanks to Michael and to Ken

122788.jpg.80fc17763f892318f3ab6022f47f22aa.jpg