• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,757 posts in this topic

Thrilled with my first Walking Dead cover (#38)

Sweet!

I picked up a few things this week including:

Issue44pg7.jpg

TickBBD.jpg

Nothing too exciting, but nothing was damaged in the mail, so it was great in that respect.

The Transformers page spoke to me in the sense that it was fun in that it pokes a bit of fun at the hobby of collecting, so just a reminder to not collect to accumulate, but collect to enjoy.

My first Tick page too. Nothing like the Tick stuff on CAF now, but Eli's probably the second best Tick artist.

Edited by LastRaven

Arrived this morning . . . two more pages from a fondly-remembered (UK) KELLY'S EYE storyline, "The Vampire of Raffino", that saw publication (over here) during 1965 . . . and later reprinted in 1973 and 1976, due to its popularity.

newkelly1.jpg

Episode 11 page 2

newkelly2.jpg

Episode 19 page 2

I'm now at 27 pages, out of a total 48, which puts me well over the half-way mark on trying to piece-together as much of this story as I can find.

Currently in the process of concluding a deal for a further 5 pages, so the hunt fares well. . .

NOTE; The whole storyline can be read (sequentially) in my CAF gallery, as I've included copies of the missing pages (scanned from the comic-books) as addional images.

I got this page in today from Infantino's reps. It's from Creepy #88, page 4, May 1977. Pencils by Infantino (:luhv:), Inks by Ernie Chan.

creepy-88-pg4.jpg

It's the nicest page I own, by far. I thought it looked pretty gorgeous on ebay, but in hand it's really something! At the risk of over-Infantinoing y'all, I gotta blow up a couple panels...

creepy-88-pg4-detail2.jpg

creepy-88-pg4-detail1.jpg

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Here are 2 pickups that came in last week. I love them both! :cloud9:

Steve Epting - Fantastic Four is. 587 pg. 24 "The Last Stand / Death of the Human Torch"

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=875963&GSub=117406

FantasticFour587_24.jpg

What would comics be without heroic moments? Well it doesn't get more Heroic than the Human Torch sacrificing himself for a powerless Ben Grimm, Franklin & Valeria Richards and the kids of the Future Foundation.

As for the page itself, Epting nailed the moment with this powerful image of Johnny Storm against impossible odds and facing certain doom.

This is also the image the mainstream used in their coverage of the Death of the Human Torch. It has appeared on TV, Newspapers, Magazines, and across the Internet.

&

Charlie Adlard - Walking Dead is. 92 pg. 8

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=875959&GSub=117406

WalkingDeadiss92pg08.jpg

Walking Dead is and has been my favorite current series. I am very happy to own a piece that not only has 6 Zombies but has a great shot of Michonne decapitating a Zombie as well!

Here are some Walking Dead covers I have picked up recently. I have posted a few of these sporadically, but thought I'd post them all together here. I'm looking to pick up some others in the very near future.

TheWallkingDEAD83couv.jpg

TheWallkingDEAD80couv.jpg

AdlardWalkingDead75CoverA.jpg

WD38cover.jpg

Great stuff. That 75 is frickin sweet.

For those who asked, this Parrillo work arrived today... here it is, 1) making my work look like poop, 2) a closer shot (the best I could do). I can't wait to get a copy of the comic itself next month!

DSCF0347.jpg

DSCF0348.jpg

For those who asked, this Parrillo work arrived today... here it is, 1) making my work look like poop, 2) a closer shot (the best I could do). I can't wait to get a copy of the comic itself next month!

DSCF0347.jpg

DSCF0348.jpg

That's fantastic

For a long time now I have wanted an Usagi Yojimbo commission. Because I don't live near normal convention circuits, and since Stan Sakai doesn't ship commissions, I don't know if I will ever be able to get one from the man himself. Still, I have always heard extremely good things about Mike DeCarlo, and now I understand why. This was my first true commission, where I told the artist what I wanted and awaited the results. I was floored when I saw what he had done.

Not to steal too much from Michael Finn's One Minute Later gallery, but that is sort of what I went for here. I didn't search far for inspiration--the very first page of Usagi Yojimbo volume 1, issue 1 has always been a favorite of mine. I love the scale and the passivity of the scene. I asked Mike for what would come next in the scene. The result is fantastic.

Miyamoto Usagi vs Gunishi by Mike DeCarlo

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=881672&GSub=129246

mdecarlo_usagi.jpg

Here is Usagi Yojimbo Volume 1, Issue 1, Page 1 for reference:

Usagi_1_01.jpg

Edited by evanc

Very, very, nice. Mike does excellent work.

He really does. His name will definitely be at the top of the list for the next piece I want to commission, that's for sure! I'm not creative enough to think of things I'd like drawn for me all the time, but sometimes inspiration hits.

Great stuff! I had to look twice to see that was not stans.

I actually first saw the piece on my phone, when it buzzed and let me know I had an email. I opened it up, excited, and said out loud, "...Huh." I was dumbfounded, I love how it's close enough to Stan's style to be a worthy tribute, yet still has a few touches that separate it from the norm.

Thanks for the kind words!