• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,757 posts in this topic

I got this yesterday. Chris Bachalo doing Dr. Strange! I had coveted it for a while and it was offered in an offhand manner after another deal was going south. But I jumped on that offer and here it is!

bachaloDDdocstrange.jpg

The bottom of the scan is cut off a bit, but you get the idea! Frickin' sweet! Now if only Chris would open that commission list again!

Edited by Bird

Awesome...good luck getting the rest of the pages!

In October 1994, I was diagnosed with having an Atrial Septal Defect - or a hole

in my heart. In March of 1995, I underwent open heart surgery to fix that hole.

The night before my surgery, the comic I read was Superman 100 - The Death of

Clark Kent. The next morning, I was injected with some anesthetics then whisked

off to the operating room.

It was a successful operation and today some 16 years later, I am perfectly

fine. When the opportunity presented itself for me to own pages from this very

comic that was close to my heart, I jumped at it immediately.

Never in my wildest dreams would I imaging owning actual pages to that comic I

read back then. Today I own 8 pages, and if any of you have more pages from

this issue so close to my heart - let me know.

I made a separate gallery for the pages here. Feel free to comment on anything

you find interesting here.

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryRoom.asp?Order=Date&Page=1&GSub=130628

Okay, when Tony Harris was selling his Shade covers cheaper than normal, I was late but not so late that I missed out. I got a nice one I think, maybe not the best but one of the better ones I think. the color is tremendous, vibrant and sharp. So here I present Shade 10, with Dickie getting quite a shock on the cover!

harrisSHADE5cvr.jpg

I saw the "Pooh Style" commissions people had gotten from Charles Paul Wilson III in this thread the other week and just had to get one of my own at Motor City yesterday, so here's "Pooh-nan the Barbearian" (working title):

Conan%203.jpg

Issue 1, page 1 from my favorite new book!

If you haven't been reading this yet, you should check it out. The first two issues have been very enjoyable.

Picked up the first two issues based on your recommendation, WOW is it good. Thanks for pointing me that way. How did you get in touch with Eric to purchase his art? I don't see a website or anything.

Picked this up at the Twin Cities SpringCon. It was just sitting in a dealer's box. Got it for a song:

Brigade #5

photobucket-7305-1337552530744.jpg

Edited by Rodey

I saw the "Pooh Style" commissions people had gotten from Charles Paul Wilson III in this thread the other week and just had to get one of my own at Motor City yesterday, so here's "Pooh-nan the Barbearian" (working title):

Conan%203.jpg

I didn't know that was you or I would have introduced myself instead of only saying that's an awesome piece. I was sitting next to Charles.

Conan%203.jpg

I didn't know that was you or I would have introduced myself instead of only saying that's an awesome piece. I was sitting next to Charles.

Same here! Ahh well, at least now I've got a face to look out for next time.

Just a few sketches. Nothing earth shattering.

Dustin Nguyen

dustin_nguyen_batgirl.jpg

Scott Dalrymple

Scott_Dalrymple.jpg

Haven't actually rec'd these next two yet, but they're on their way.

Another Dalrymple

$(KGrHqNHJDME-mH8Uzi0BPsDdLWiCQ~~60_57.JPG

Alberto Ramos

$(KGrHqZHJBQE-cNO!29+BPq9iHgKbg~~60_57.JPG

Nice Dalrymples there! I went after that Catwoman too so I'm glad it went to a boardie. So far I've only managed to win a Wonder Woman from him but I'm hoping to add another one soon!

Not yet in hand, but pleased to have won this Black Cat Mystery doomsday cover. Really like the menacing giant, cowering people and the overall dark ambience/feel of it. Nothing like a good 50s horror/mystery cover :)

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=897430&GSub=55558