• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,763 posts in this topic

Despite a few commission horror stories that I've read recently (NOT about the artist in question), I decided to take the leap and approach an artist about a commission.

I'd heard nothing but GOOD things about Frank Brunner, so I wasn't really concerned.

Here's the deal: on June 10th I sent him an email to inquire about his commission rates. We discussed the composition, characters, backgrounds, etc., and I sent him some reference materials. Frank did a pencil rough, and I asked him for a few minor changes.

Today, on June 25th --- fifteen days later --- he sent me a scan of the completed pen and ink commission. I think he knocked it out of the park.

If you know me, then you know my love of Howard the Duck #9. So I asked Frank to do his own take on the classic Gene Colan cover of Howard facing off against Le Beaver over Niagara Falls.

It also seemed like good timing to revisit this cover, given last weekend's Wallenda high wire act.

I should receive the final art in a week or so (unless Canada Customs holds it up), and I'll post a larger scan then. But in the meantime, here's a small scan of the final art:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=907298&GSub=127285

Thanks, Frank!

Andrew

Despite a few commission horror stories that I've read recently (NOT about the artist in question), I decided to take the leap and approach an artist about a commission.

I'd heard nothing but GOOD things about Frank Brunner, so I wasn't really concerned.

Here's the deal: on June 10th I sent him an email to inquire about his commission rates. We discussed the composition, characters, backgrounds, etc., and I sent him some reference materials. Frank did a pencil rough, and I asked him for a few minor changes.

Today, on June 25th --- fifteen days later --- he sent me a scan of the completed pen and ink commission. I think he knocked it out of the park.

If you know me, then you know my love of Howard the Duck #9. So I asked Frank to do his own take on the classic Gene Colan cover of Howard facing off against Le Beaver over Niagara Falls.

It also seemed like good timing to revisit this cover, given last weekend's Wallenda high wire act.

I should receive the final art in a week or so (unless Canada Customs holds it up), and I'll post a larger scan then. But in the meantime, here's a small scan of the final art:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=907298&GSub=127285

Thanks, Frank!

Andrew

Nice

Heroic boradie jeBailey hooked this up for me!!! (worship)

I've never seen Bernie in any NYC-area show, but John offered to check out his wares at the Charlotte show the other weekend. Charlotte? I think it was Charlotte, yeah. At any rate, he went through Bernie's stuff, took pics and sent them to me, and ultimately fronted me the full cost of this beauty! (worship) (worship)

And, now that I think about it, he paid for shipping too! John, I owe you one. Thanks tons man!!

wrightson_cgc.jpg

So, this is only pencils. I was thinking it might be fun to send scans to three or four artists and get it inked in varying styles. I'd want Sienkiewicz if I can get him, 'cuz I love his inks and have never seen them over Wrightson. Is there anyone who's known for inking Wrightson?

Here we go! Here's my newest piece on CAF and definitely one of my favorite. So glad I got the chance to buy it and was stoked to get it in the mail today!

It's a pic of the Predacons defending China (erroneously referred to the Republic of China instead of the People's Republic of China in the book) from the incursions of Optimus and his skirmish with the constructicons.

CAF Page

t4y5Il.jpg

Edited by LastRaven

I went to my first ever comic convention today here in Louisville. Had a great time and was able to acquire two commissions and set up a third, which I am most excited about! Here is a neat Ned Stark commission from Nate Lovett, my first ever copic marker piece:

ned%20stark%20nate%20lovett.JPG

I've enjoyed the commissions by Agnes Garbowska on the CAF and I plan to get one from her in the near future.

In the meantime, she's offering a printed collection of her web comics (You, Me and Zombie; Waking up Abbey; Imagination Station) in a new edition of Mymisiu Gazette Vol. 1. In addition, you can commission a drawing in the book. I decided to do so and what you see is what I got.

I like it and I'm really looking forward to the commission - now to collect the money for it. :)

Check it out and check out her comics, too. The links are in the description.

If you really hate to click, here's the image.

Garbowska,%20Agnes%20-%20Allie%20from%20Imagination%20Station.jpg