• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,764 posts in this topic

I was so excited when I picked this up last week that I forgot to post it and within an hour of buying it threw it in a frame!

Last Page from Swamp Thing #9 - you know, the one with the sexy Alien on the cover!

photo9.jpg

Marco Rudy!

Edited by Jimmy Linguiniii

I was so excited when I picked this up last week that I forgot to post it and within an hour of buying it threw it in a frame!

Last Page from Swamp Thing #9 - you know, the one with the sexy Alien on the cover!

photo9.jpg

Marco Rudy!

Very nice. :applause:

Last year I was lucky to stumble across this Mike Zeck gem at a convention. I was told it was OA from an RBCC at a time when Zeck was signing pieces (including this one) as "Michael Zeck". Sorry for the blur, but my camera is not great and it is framed.

photo1.jpg

Thanks to my good friend Mark Haspel who located and sent to me a copy of the 1975 RBCC in which this art was used for the back cover.

001-8.jpg

0012.jpg

A few new pieces added to the collection...

Daredevil by Michael Cho

chodaredevil.jpg

Haunt by Nathan Fox (this was used as a print for SDCC/NYCC last year.

imagewtp.jpg

That Ms. Marvel Cover and JLA splash page are amazing pieces.

Where was Matt Groening signing at during SDCC? I didn't see his name at the Bongo booth for signings unless I missed it.

Here comes three very nice pages and a cover by Stuart Immonen from Shockrockets ! This is my first published cover !

I really enjoyed that series. Those four pages make for a nice sequence of "hero rising from the ashes of defeat and ready to kick " with top notch storytelling !

Immonen%20Shockrockets5%20p21%20w.jpg

Immonen%20Shockrockets5%20p22%20w.jpg

Immonen%20Shockrockets6%20cover%20w.jpg

Immonen%20Shockrockets6%20p9%20w.jpg

Edited by Mycroft

Here comes three very nice pages and a cover by Stuart Immonen from Shockrockets ! This is my fist published cover !

I really enjoyed that series. Those four pages make for a nice sequence of "hero rising from the ashes of defeat and ready to kick " with top notch storytelling !

Great stuff - congrats!

I'm a huge fan of Immonen, and you've got some great examples of his work there.

Wade von Grawbadger always does a great job inking him as well.

Congrats Doug! Who was the poor sap who got talked out of that one?

ha thanks for the piece Fred. I literally spent the whole day rearranging my comic room to find the right place for it.

I've been obsessing over the artwork of Jeremy Baum for the last two months or so. His art style isn't very "realistic" nor do I completely understand the stories he writes, but I have become a huge fan anyway.

If you like the "underground" artists, check out his art in my CAF . I somehow ended up buying about 70 pages and will be uploading them for some time :tonofbricks:

Some new pieces from SDCC and Phoenix Comicon...

The first 3 are actually my wifes. I've slowly gotten her into liking my hobby.

Jessica Rabbit in watercolor by Jean Arrow

2jessica_rabbit_small.jpg

Tinkerbell in marker by James Silvani

2tinkerbell_small.jpg

Vampire Jessica Rabbit in marker by Jams Sivani

2vamp_jessica_small.jpg

And this one is mine. Billy Tucci did this for me at the Phoenix Con. I think he hit it out of the park.

Bettie Page

2bettie_page_tucci_small.jpg