• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,764 posts in this topic

Been eagerly awaiting these from Brazilian artist Thony Silas Dias de Aguiar, his Spider-man work has been keeping him busy, but it was worth the wait.

Savage Land Rogue :cloud9: 11x17"

7652101614_4666b405c1_b.jpg

Valkyrie :headbang: 11x14"

7652100934_a835f28436_b.jpg

Great Rogue!

Thanks! I was actually really happy when I saw he had painted a night scene with her, the colors really work and it's a unique setting you don't see often (or at all).

Been eagerly awaiting these from Brazilian artist Thony Silas Dias de Aguiar, his Spider-man work has been keeping him busy, but it was worth the wait.

Well, I am on Thony's list - Doctor Strange and Clea for one and Asgardian Storm for the other. Thanks for making me aware of his work, I love yours and hope I get that bang for my buck as well.

And I pretend to be limiting my commissions and trying to focus on published pieces, but it is hard to break old habits. :facepalm:

New in this morning . . . a painted interior page (from 2000AD) by British artist, Kev Walker:

Walker-rev.jpg

ksm4-1.jpg

Detail 1

ksm4a-1.jpg

Detail 2

These images don't really do Kev's art justice (attention to detail is fantastic and the page appears to have been painted at printed size, as it's quite small).

Although I'm mostly into pre-1970s comic-strips, sometimes I can't help but be impressed by artists whose work I know little or nothing about.

Reminiscent of Richard Corben's Warren art . . .

It is very Corben - I like it. You don't see the old airbrush getting used much anymore. I love that last panel...

Very cool! I've been thinking about adding one of his to my collection.

Thanks, I picked this up on eBay last week for a mere £75.

Yesterday, I did a web search and saw a European dealer offering pages from the same series for 450 Euros!