• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,761 posts in this topic

Did I put this up before? I can't remember. Anyways, here's a really big, early Bill Sienkiewicz Moon Knight commission I got off ebay back in May...

f1ar.jpg

The pencils were pretty cool, but they kept begging me for inks, so eventually I contacted Joe Rubinstein and shipped it off to him for the works. Today I got this back:

ohaq.jpg

It's inks, plus grease pencil for the nifty silvery effect, and some white paint to finish off the highlights. I know Joe was having some trouble a year or so ago, but I gotta say he's been pretty on the ball with me this year. Both the Wrightson and Sienkiewicz inking gigs have gone quite smoothly, with excellent communication the whole time. :)

Comments are slobberingly appreciated... :whistle:

lol For real?
Yup. I recently bought the cover art right from Adam via Allison. The shorts were a change that was requested by DC after the OA was complete. There were other changes Adam did with photoshop Removed the strap and lengthened the straight jacket. This was a little bonus that adds to the story. This piece will remain with the art while in my possession. Edited by Junkdrawer

Cool beans. I got this random little Infantino head with one of the published pieces of his I have:

abra-kadabra-head-caf.jpg

It goes over this:

abra-kadabra-caf.jpg

The original head is in his later 80s style...the replacement one is much more like his 60s style. Pretty cool that he could do either one.

That's neat and the new head is much nicer than the first. You'll never break that set up.

Actually, after I bought it and while I was still waiting for it to arrive in the mail, I checked out the published version and saw that the head was different. I got all panicky and thought it was a copy or a recreation or something...even though the rest of the lines matched up perfectly. Then when it arrived, there was that extra little head in there...whew!! lol

Did I put this up before? I can't remember. Anyways, here's a really big, early Bill Sienkiewicz Moon Knight commission I got off ebay back in May...

f1ar.jpg

The pencils were pretty cool, but they kept begging me for inks, so eventually I contacted Joe Rubinstein and shipped it off to him for the works. Today I got this back:

ohaq.jpg

It's inks, plus grease pencil for the nifty silvery effect, and some white paint to finish off the highlights. I know Joe was having some trouble a year or so ago, but I gotta say he's been pretty on the ball with me this year. Both the Wrightson and Sienkiewicz inking gigs have gone quite smoothly, with excellent communication the whole time. :)

That's awesome! The inks just bring it to life!

(img)

(img)

That's awesome! The inks just bring it to life!

I know, right? I'm gonna whip this out the next time someone starts talking about how inkers are just glorified tracers.

For many, many years, I've tried to get a commission or sketch of Ember, daughter of Cutter and Leetah of Elfquest fame, for my eldest daughter, Allie.

Allie fell for Elfquest as a young girl and really thought Ember was the best - a 15 year old with wit, character, and beauty. She told me about that and for more than a decade I've kept my eyes open.

Earlier this year, Wendy announced she'd be doing sketches on 1/4th of an 11x17 print featuring most of the cast. I wasn't able to attend any of the conventions that she was attending, but Mike DeLeRee of NSNart was willing to approach her at Phoenix Con if he got a break and the line wasn't too long.

Well, all three factors align - Mike was willing, Mike had a break, and Wendy didn't have a long line! The result is a Christmas present that Allie really enjoyed.

Thanks, Mike!

Click to embiggen:

4tyKBD0Y_2512131801331.jpg