• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,761 posts in this topic

Santa Claus delivered seven nice new additions to my Eduardo Barreto gallery, among them a two-page spread from Robin Annual #6 I have been itching for ever since I saw it in print for the first time in 1997. There is another two-pager from Mike Danger #5, a page from the Elseworlds story Scar of the Bat and four pages from the mini-series Indiana Jones and the Sargasso Pirates. Due to the fact that Barreto used zipatone/craft-tint for shading when he drew that story they look much better in black and white than they did in color in the actual book. This technique gives the art the desirable old adventure strip-look.

Barreto_dec_2013.jpg

Click on the picture to get to my Barreto gallery on CAF.

Edited by Caltex98

Santa Claus delivered seven nice new additions to my Eduardo Barreto gallery, among them a two-page spread from Robin Annual #6 I have been itching for ever since I saw it in print for the first time in 1997. There is another two-pager from Mike Danger #5, a page from the Elseworlds story Scar of the Bat and four pages from the mini-series Indiana Jones and the Sargasso Pirates. Due to the fact that Barreto used zipatone/craft-tint for shading when he drew that story they look much better in black and white than they did in color in the actual book. This technique gives the art the desirable old adventure strip-look.

Barreto_dec_2013.jpg

Great Selection of Barreto art!

Barreto_dec_2013.jpg

Wow, nice!

Just unboxed this and got it on the wall:

v2a59prf_0512131755561.jpg

Penny For Your Soul: Death #2 Cover by Mike Krome - I don't collect the comics, but I really fell in love with this cover. I missed out on a couple Red Sonja covers last year, so this one kinda scratched the itch.

Normally I don't do pencils only, but this cover is super tight, and man, can Krome do pencil work. This piece is really amazing up-close. His shading, his line work - unbelievably clean and precise. The scan definitely does not do it justice.

I have posted this in another thread, but I haven't here yet. So I will just share again here for the completion's sake. Besides the art arrived less than a week ago:

Justice League Double Cover for Hardcover Collection by George Perez

n9zCjEuR_2912131024121.jpg

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1083931

World's Finest 300 Anniversary Issue Final Page by Andru/Janson

Yc2poVZj_2912131028471.jpg

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1083931

Thanks for looking!

Edited by jick