• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,761 posts in this topic

I'm a big fan of Stan Lynde and Rick O'Shay. I stumbled upon this piece in the remains of a large collection of OA. I was thrilled.

Rick O'Shay Daily (1959-03-11)

hDAhf2LI_1101141257081.jpg

Click to read why I like the strip and learn a little more about both Rick and Stan.

Even though the Modesty Blaise strip itself was discontinued in July 2002 Romero is still drawing her on the covers of the swedish monthly comic book Agent X9 which features reruns of her adventures in every issue.

X9_12_13_omsl_sm.jpgX9_12_13_omsl_org.jpg

This rather recent image is a good example of what they look like. I like both the way Modesty is shown in a very elegant pose and that the mammoth in the iceberg is rather subtle but meticulously inked with hundreds of small, sharp lines.

If you take a look in my Romero gallery on CAF you will also be treated to a preliminary sketch which shows just how skimpy her bikini bottom was before Agent X9 editor an fellow OA aficionado Germund von Wowern asked Romero to make it more suitable for the cover of a newsstand magazine... (: (Click on the pictures to get there.)

Edited by Caltex98

Hello all. Added the Nick Fury Agent of SHIELD #14 (1969) cover, acquired at the last ComicLink auction. It's not a Steranko, but certainly Steranko-inspired. Never dreamed I'd own a cover from the original run…a perfect fit with my "full-figure" collecting goals. Check it out:

CAF link

Dino

My Christmas presents to me arrived today. I'm fairly new to OA, so I wanted to get something with Hawkeye featured as he's the main focus for my current collecting. These two pages worked out great because Deadpool is one of my other favorites, and I liked this story for a quick light read. Couldn't decide between the 2 pages so I got them both.

IMG_0786_zps5000d06a.jpg

IMG_0787_zps9fec062f.jpg

Picked this up a while back and now that it is officially the cover to Harley Quinn #1 second printing, I can now display it

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/01/15/clay-manns-cover-to-harley-quinn-1-second-printing/

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1089108&GSub=151866

Edited by Junkdrawer