• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,761 posts in this topic

I posted this in CG but I am really enjoying this piece. Pere Perez and Fred Van Lente were at Forbidden Planet today in Union Square.

I had both covers of Archer and Armstrong 0 signed but then I went through Perez' portfolio and purchased this piece off of him from Detective Comics Annual 1 Page 22. I know that usually the desirability of art goes cover, splash and then panel interiors. However, I personally like interiors that tell stories and this piece definitely does that. No matter where you go the Batman will get you.

C2A267DA-686F-4840-9DE1-168D072C9C5F.jpg

3E0EC600-FDCE-497C-A031-6BFAF9CE7900.jpg

Vintage Action Comics Superman Last Pages A Decade Apart - Kurt Schaffenberger in 77 and John Byrne in 87.

OHu8N00F_0602141017151.jpg

ACTION COMICS 476 by Kurt Schaffenberger and Vince Colletta

-cover date was October 1977 - my birth month and year!

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1095339

yeEqFaeH_3001141112421.jpg

ACTION COMICS 584 by John Byrne and Giordano

-John Byrne begins his run on the comic book title that changed pop culture forever

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1093479

Check the links on the CAF sites for additional images of the published material, more comprehensive descriptions, and of course to leave comments if you deem necessary.

Thanks for looking!

Edited by jick

Hello Sideshow,

The Wrightson's sale was a wonderful opportunity to add several new pieces into my collection as well...

This FAA # 2 page being just a couple pages past yours:

0MeZ8qq8_2601142151011.jpg

With my personal favorite addition being this awesome penciled preliminary for the Dark Horse Christmas card:

es5EoJdL_1701142228511.jpg

The detail in the entire piece along with Uncle and Sister Creepy are fantastic, but I just love the expression on Creepy Cat's face from having to wear those antlers!

Wrightson nailed the look of indignation to a tee!!!!

:)

So im a huge superman fan and own many pieces. I never thought that I would be able to afford anything by the great curt swan, but I was wrong. Its a later swan from the early 90's but I dont care. After winning this piece on ebay and obtaining my licensing piece from jose luis garcia lopez I may retire from collecting. I own a commission or splash from all my favorite superman artists except gary frank, which I will always be on the hunt, but for now im hanging it up.

<a  href=IMG_50407343022596.jpeg' alt='IMG_504073

Double page spread from Green Arrow: The Longbow Hunters #3. Great Shado/GA face-off. This classic from Mike Grell is one of the books that got me into comics, and understandably this was a great pick-up for me.

IMG_5143_zpse147de70.jpg

Wow! What a spectacular page, I remember this one. Congrats for picking this up!

Malvin