• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,761 posts in this topic

Just in, today, a superbly intense War Picture Library cover painting (UK, April 1965), for self-contained adventure entitled, 'Sergeant Leatherneck'.

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1100022

Absolutely delighted with this new addition to my collection, check it out if you feel so inclined . . .

Also in, as of yesterday, some new Richard Sala originals!

Just in, today, a superbly intense War Picture Library cover painting (UK, April 1965), for self-contained adventure entitled, 'Sergeant Leatherneck'.

Absolutely delighted with this new addition to my collection, check it out if you feel so inclined . . .

how big is it Terry?

Got my order from Spencer. Mostly happy given that some of my first choices weren't available. Nothing super flashy here, but still some low end pages that I was pretty happy to pick up.

Barry Kitson/ Mike Manley Adventures of Superman page with Superman vs Brainiac.

AdventuresofSuperman519pg13BarryKitsonRayMcCarthy_zps74ce98e9.jpg

and Dan Jurgens/Jerry Ordway Zero Hour page featuring Superman, Impulse, and a bunch of dinosaurs (which make everything cooler.. right?)

ZeroHour3pg5DanJurgensJerryOrdway_zps3ad1f570.jpg

Also grabbed a couple of Superman pages by Jurgens but I don't have scans of them. Heck, I haven't posted these to CAF yet either.

Edited by oceans11

how big is it Terry?

:o

Oh, sorry, the art?

Image size of approx. 10" x 14"

how big is it Terry?

Oh, sorry, the art?

So was this the same sort of magazine as 'Commando' etc

perfectly made for fitting in kids pockets to survive assembly and any form of school inflicted religious gathering?

how big is it Terry?

Oh, sorry, the art?

So was this the same sort of magazine as 'Commando' etc

perfectly made for fitting in kids pockets to survive assembly and any form of school inflicted religious gathering?

Different publisher (Fleetway, I think), but retty much compatible (and indistinguishable) with the 'Commando' pocket-size books.

Well since I'm about to pay this off next week and should be receiving it soon, I wanted to show my second real 'grail' page.

UXMAnn9p46_zpsf585cded.jpg

From Uncanny X-men Annual #9. It will probably be the only Arthur Adams page I ever own. But for the characters featured on the page and one of the best parts of the issue, it's worth it to me.

Well since I'm about to pay this off next week and should be receiving it soon, I wanted to show my second real 'grail' page.

From Uncanny X-men Annual #9. It will probably be the only Arthur Adams page I ever own. But for the characters featured on the page and one of the best parts of the issue, it's worth it to me.

Whoa. Very nice...

Awesome Selection!

Whoa. Very nice...

Awesome Selection!

Agreed! :applause: