• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,757 posts in this topic

Cross post!

Very excited to add this Page to my collection, Wolverine #65 page 29. Thank you so much to NinjaSealed. :headbang:

original.jpg

Now just to get a nice hi res scan :grin:

Picked up this page from Justice League of America 190 by Rich Buckler and Bob Smith. The 1981 Justice League versus Starro The Starfish Conqueror storyline. Really.. had no choice but to pick it up when I saw it available as this is one of my favorite stories from this series.

8FPrYcov_0505150058561.jpg

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1225010

Edited by oceans11

Another installment in my coffee cup collection, with the ink permanently baked into the porcelain cup. This time its Mike Grell with Green Arrow on one side and Warlord on the other!

Thanks to Catskill for accommodating my bizarre request, but this way I get to see some of my favorite OA every morning to start my day!

I have one more out there getting done with the full treatment (I hope), and that will be it for this little project. I don't need that many coffee cups...

Bob

IMG_1069_zpsggmne9w3.jpg

Lewis LaRosa’s Original Pencil & Ink for the Cover of Bloodshot and H.A.R.D. Corps (2012-) : H.A.R.D. Corps #0 (Larosa 1:25 Variant).

Presently hanging in my hallway at home.

6AA507BD-36E0-4E75-B453-DAFECDBDC16C_zpsiofhhw86.jpg

848D86B5-D322-4110-BA52-439550A566A3_zpsyemgblnw.jpg

Tripple-cell frame and display:

imagejpg1_zps6bdb6aca.jpg

Well done, looks great framed!

What a clever idea. Good job!

Where did you get the blanks? I might do this for my wife's birthday.

They are from Starbucks. Comes with a black and white pen that permanently affixes once baked at 450F. I picked these up about six months ago, but haven't been looking to see if they still readily carry them. More useful than a commission for me at least. A couple years ago, they had tall dark mugs, with white ink...that would look pretty cool with the right artist's treatment.

The pitfall with this little project is that the ink easily comes off with the slightest abrasion, prior to getting put in the oven. I tried getting multiple artists at NYCC last year, and as it got handled, the unbaked ink from the prior artists got smudged by the new artist putting on their picture. But it still ended up looking good enough for my morning joe.

If you are a Superman fan who hasn't read, Superman: Secret Identity you should give it a try. It's one of best Superman stories that isn't really about Superman!

Anyways, I am glad to have another page

CAF Link

Malvin

Got this in the mail today from Brussles via eBay. Very happy to have a Tick OA in my collection. Page is from a Fox funhouse illustrated book. Features the Tick and Arthur on page 8 and new character "the Drip" on page 7. 2 pages on one art board. Written by Dwayne McDuffie, artist currently unknown.

image.jpg1_zpsumy6p1ql.jpg

Picked up my first Italian Fummetti cover. Done by Emanuele Taglietti it is from the 1978 comic Sukia number 3 with Sukia and Zora . This is a very interesting genre combining horror with erotic content. Some of the covers are a bit much. There is a relatively new book out about Taglietti from 2014. These are very much in the same vein as the Men's adventure magazines in the 1960's

book

20150513_155305_zps2epv6ciu.jpg

Edited by BrianR

In April the final issue of Dead@17 was released. Back in October 2011 Josh pre-sold art from the final arc and these are the pages that I ended up choosing with my selections. I have to say I am very pleased with the pages I was able to get. For more information on them you can check out my CAF gallery of Dead@17: The Blasphemy Throne art. I still have some more pages coming that I ordered after Josh shipped these and I purchased some more today so be expecting 2 more updates in the coming weeks. :D

GbvLfm.jpg

GrJuy6.jpg

VDJXdT.jpg

tAQFgN.jpg

bucGN9.jpg

More Valiant original art covers added to the collection this week!

Imperium #5 cover art by CAFU

Imperium5CAFU.jpg

Imperium #6 cover art by CAFU

Imperium6CAFU.jpg

This series, written by Joshua Dysart, has quickly become my one of my favorite titles.

Harada has assembled a frightening league of characters to fight for utopia.

Both Imperium and Divinity have an interesting sci-fi vibe to them. They are definitely worth checking out.

Dan

There's a group of "new" artists that I think are really hitting it out of the park - Dave Petersen on Mouse Guard, Katie Cook's Gronk, Jeremy Bastian's Cursed Pirate Girl, Ted Naifeh's Courney Crumrin and Pricess Ugg to name a few. All have been working for years, but aren't fully appreciated in my opinion.

A perfect example of a great book that gets too little attention is The Stuff of Legend by Mike Raicht and Brian Smith (writers) and Charles Paul Wilson, III (artist). It's the tale of a boy kidnapped by the Boogie Man whose faithful toys venture into The Dark realm to rescue him. The story is full of emotion and action. It's a great read - a terrific story, well told.

Seek it out, it's more than worth the effort to find and read.

This all leads to the obvious, I guess. I bought a piece of CPW3’s TSoL art - The cover to the FCBD 2015 issue. Check it out here (click to embiggen):

i7BGxHgJ_1805152027001.jpg