• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,758 posts in this topic

More Valiant original art added to the collection. I needed some Divinity representation...

Divinity #3 page 4 (becomes Divnity)

Divinity3pg4.jpg

Divinity #3 page 19 (returns to Earth)

Divinity3pg19.jpg

Divinity #3 cover art sketch by Ryan Winn

Divinity3RyanWinn.jpg

Hello Guys and Gals,

I just got a great painting in that I wanted to share with the board. Now its a bit unusual for this board as its not comic art although the artists are big fans. Its a fantastic hyper realism painting of a beautiful female eye. Please leave a comment if you so desire. I would love to hear what ya guys think

Origins Oil Painting by Kit King

thanks,

Matthew

Posted over on CAF, but very interesting piece! The close crop and lighting, not to mention what is able to be made out of the expression in the shape of the eye, yields a great bit of unsolvable mystery to the piece. In turns fascinating (skillset) and terrifying (impact of the image).

I can only imagine what it looks like hanging on a wall, in a frame. Must be an effect almost like a window, with a giant outside peering in your home? :)

For those about my age, we all remember the first superhero that was introduced during our era, "The Electric Company Spiderman". Debuting on The Electric Company, actor and puppeteer Danny Seagran was the first actor to don the Spiderman Suit. From 1974-77, Seagran played Spiderman on the show.

To honor his career, I was fortunate enough to work with Marvel comic artist Arvell Jones. Working directly under the great Stan Lee, Arvell was a workhorse for Marvel during the 1970s. To capture the spirit of the show. Arvell pitted Spiderman against the famous villains which graced the screen. Notice the Wall, The Spoiler, The Tickler, Yeti, Eye Patch the Pirate, Blue Beetle, and The Birthday Bandit played by Morgan Freeman in one of his earliest acting roles. It brought back a lot of great memories as I collaborated with Arvell on the creation of this piece.

Enjoy,

Troy R. Kinunen, troy@mearsonline.com

milawi.jpg[/img]

Picked up the 2nd page of a two page flashback; I already owned the first page so this is a real treat.

It's even more of a treat because it features the Legion of Super-Heroes by Curt Swan and inked in George Klein's 60s style. Even better, it feature 7 Legionnaires.

Check it out and learn more about it (click to embiggen):

ZlZoYHjn_1306151942551.jpg

Picked up the 2nd page of a two page flashback; I already owned the first page so this is a real treat.

It's even more of a treat because it features the Legion of Super-Heroes by Curt Swan and inked in George Klein's 60s style. Even better, it feature 7 Legionnaires.

Check it out and learn more about it (click to embiggen):

ZlZoYHjn_1306151942551.jpg

Very nice :applause:

I got blown out of the water on 4 pieces I wanted; managed to score this thank goodness; and in a strange way it worked out OK as my loosing the other pieces led me to be able to pick up a good run of silver age comics and another cover that I coveted (cover-ted?). Never imagined I would get it; it just took a bunch of cash! That seemed to work!

After doing so well on my consignments in the CL Auction, I decided to pull the trigger on this ultra-guilty pleasure of mine. The Lobo Paramilitary Xmas Special has always been one of my favorite books. The "Main Man" comes across Santa's Naughty & Nice List. Would've been nice to have more of his face on the page, but he's in every panel and some great Lobo dialogue. Even got the dog's butt in a panel. Thrilled to have picked up a page from this issue:

LoboXMasPg37_zpseyenel9d.jpg