• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,758 posts in this topic

My first acquisition of OA and waiting for delivery...

These two pages are from Jock's work on the Adventures of Superman issue 14. The story is unique and Jock is an amazing artist. I am very excited, and I'm looking forward to enjoying them in person.

Page 2 - Superman confronts the Joker

14e3qf4.jpg

Page 6 - Joker making some crack about Superman needing to wear shirts bigger than a size "S"...Superman takes the joke in stride.

25t8ghz.jpg

Just got it back from the framer. Unfortunately they cut the mat too small so it's over her sig. Have to take it back.

doh!

Sex Criminals #1, Ghost Variant by Yuko Shimizu (LOVE her art).

d7760136-dff2-4abf-ae07-b83433d1f8f0_zpsvduwew9c.jpg

b8672b4d-2ee6-4823-9cdd-cb042d5aebe1_zpsuncpodsn.jpg

This is absolutely terrific. I'm jealous!

Wow, that Yuko Shimizu cover is beautiful!

No new acquisitions for me, but I'm keeping busy scanning and posting:

CAF additions.

A few favorites: Just another day at the office for Matt Murdock. Who needs a phone booth, right?

XT5S8mNs_1803152305421.jpg

Moebius animation drawing. I know this is for comic art, but it's Moebius.

az4SgzuB_1703151940131.jpg

OK, pure unadulterated animation art, but the most important character designer of our era, Nico Marlet.

Aq8E1a8p_1803151347261.jpg

And another 2-up beauty by Gentleman Gene the Dean Colan.

7CheaZPR_1703152154371.jpg

I like Colan's pencils even more. The ink sometimes ruins all that intricate shading.

I used to feel that way too, but I've seen enough of Colan's pencils to come to the conclusion that the good inkers made his great work even greater. Sometimes he cheated a bit on anatomy and proportions, and when those drawings were handled in a half-assed way they would look like hell. But pair him with a good inker and it was another story. Plus his work just jumps off the page with those right india ink blacks, while all the shiny graphite never has the same impact.

That said, I LOVED that Colan pencil page that I think was for a FOOM issue that sold at the recent CLink auction. I was sorely tempted to toss in a bid for that.

Howdy,

forgot to make an art day post when I got these:

Avengers #198- Perez & Green, classic Red Ronin story- a favorite from my Wonder Bread years:

Avengers #198

and....

a neat, unpublished silver age page by Adkin's of the original Starhawk- meant to be in MSH #21, and was advertised at the end of #20. Parts of it were published in Marvel Mania #6. Paul Handler has a splash from this also, but I've never seen any other original, and this one doesn't seem to have been in the Marvell Mania issue either. I'd like to find more if they are out there.

MSH #21 Starhawk Prototype

and,

I'm not sure I posted about this Esteban Maroto painted cover I got awhile back: wish I new what it was used for.

Evil Vampire Menacing "Healthy" Damsel in Distress

7N7yHPUH_2401151928381.jpg

Edited by MYNAMEISLEGION

Significant Art Day for me this week - I have been looking for pages from Cat 3 for 15 years or so...and I am happy to watch over one of my favorite pages from the book...

The Cat 3 p3 Paty (Cockrum) Greer / Bill Everett - 1972

Thumbnail here...but click on it for the big picture

I think the layout shows well in the thumbnail but the middle splashy panel looks better full size

7Bj9ogYs_2003152328301.jpg

I want to thank Shannon, Anthony, and Paul. It took a few months and trades with each of these three gentlemen for me to turn some of my own smaller items into this beautiful Mike Mignola sketchbook piece. It is not old but it is timeless.

JhJup0rS_2103151538311.jpg

Over the years I have sold some of my Mike Mignola art instead of keeping all I can when I am lucky enough to snag some. That stops now.

Well, it took nearly 3 months, but it was worth it! My haul from Spencer's holiday sale arrived today. Nothing brain-melting, but a few things I'm happy to have. 11 new pieces overall, Here are the highlights:

JRJR/Jansen Cap v Jet Black page.

2mhugb6.jpg

JRJR/Jansen Cap Jet Black shower scene

x5xd0i.jpg

Reis/Lanning Aquaman

23h21xl.jpg

Booster Gold: Beetles fight!

2uyg57o.jpg

Demon Knights 1/2 splash

dy5g8l.jpg

Check the rest in my CAF gallery, linked in my sig. Thanks!

Edited by F For Fake

Some new original art in my collection these last weeks!

Click on thumbnails to access CAF pages. Hope you'll enjoy.

First some european art, not sure you know about Théodore Poussin but I love this series

ddHgaFKa_2203150827561.jpg

Then an Hellboy page by Mike Mignola, from a short story published in Dark Horse Presents #7

iLMXrPdS_2203150821131.jpg

A page from What If #19 from Pat Broderick: "What if... Spider-Man had Stopped the Burgler who Killed his Uncle?". I love the way Pat Broderick reused and combined a few panels from the origins of Spiderman in Amazing Fantasy #15 by Steve Ditko! See additional images...

4YAaSjtZ_2203150836331.jpg

A Conan Sunday page by Ernie Chan

BRkyNj9R_2203150843281.jpg

And last but not least... a Flash Gordon Sunday page by Alex Raymond :luhv:

FBk09aMp_2203150845201.jpg