• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,761 posts in this topic

So excited to acquire a Bill Sienkiewicz painted cover-- not Elektra Assassin on my budget-- but one of his most striking Judge Dredd covers.

Published 1986 (same year as Elektra) with Sienkiewicz in peak form.

Boom. :headbang:

Judge Dredd #12

Awesome cover! Congrats on owning it!

Part of my gift to my wife for our 33rd Anniversary. She's admired Michael Dooney's work for some time, mentioned getting a commission at some point, and is a fan of the Disney villainesses so I did the obvious.

MnJFCmoT_2211151929501.jpg

Click to embiggen.

Edited by alxjhnsn

I have been flipping comics and not spending too much time or money on OA lately. But I had the itch and scratched it today at the NJ Comic Expo. I know better than to spend money on commissions as an investment, but in terms of fun and enjoyment this was money well spent.

poorly focused photo of Clea by Joseph Michael Linsner

CUdYxjXW4AE27Dc.jpg

It was also pretty empty, so I was able to get a free Walt Simonson head sketch of Manhunter! w00t w00t!

CUW8GeUUcAA8_eg.jpg

Nice Linsner!

Here is my main piece from the NJ Show. The Ivan Ries cost a little bit, but I also got a freebie from Walt Simonson and John Cassaday. Was a great show to chat with artists!

2lbc7qp.jpg