• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,761 posts in this topic

12336098_10208527981222754_1384496817_n_zps5qotjclk.jpg

By Lan Medina

Stunning Piece

+1 (thumbs u

I have not seen this before, it looks awesome - is it a published cover, commission or something else?

Its a commission piece, it really is beautiful, thanks for the kind words. :cloud9:

Sweet! Brilliant effect with the Darth Vader "ghost" image drawn so you see stars through it. That's cool

Here is a new OA I've added to my collection in the past week:

This is a WEE PALS syndicated color comic strip from the pioneering Artist /Illustrator Morrie Turner (1923-2014). (thumbs u

This artwork is dated 12-26-1983 and once belonged to retired Bengals Pro-Bowl WR Isaac Curtis! (thumbs u

Here is more about this famed & legendary artist:

Morrie Turner Wiki

<a  href=Morrie20Turner20WEE20PALS20OA_zps95fgm0i

Won this from the Heritage Animation Auction this morning. I cannot wait to have them in hand. In the last few months I obtained some Romita Jr, Captain America, A Superman Splash and a GI Joe page... However... this is what prompted me to post here...

These are the pencils for Disney's the Jungle Book (1967). I thought about picking up a cel but this was too hard to resist in obtaining a set of production drawings of the principal cast of characters... The two images of Baloo the Bear are of great value to me. I've wanted some original art from the Jungle Book for many years and thanks to the last Heritage auction I can knock that collecting goal off my bucket list.

Jungle%20Book%201.png

Jungle%20Book%202.png

Jungle%20Book%203.png

Jungle%20Book%204.png

Jungle%20Book%205.png

Thanks guys! Like I said, I've been hunting for some cool Jungle Book items for awhile. Heritage offered a lot of interesting things in that auction, with some of the most notable (at least to me) being the Disney nose cone art for warplanes and ships during WWII. If you have some time, and interest, go take a look.

Yesterday the package from Tonko House's Holiday Sale arrived and was opened with the art missing. I thought they were stolen but as luck would have it they had fallen out at the main Post Office so they were delivered safely today. I am ecstatic that they weren't lost forever somewhere during transit. It really is a miracle that they arrived safely in my hands. These fantastic pieces are by a couple of Tonko House's young artists. They are the characters Pig and Fox from Tonko House's short animated film "The Dam Keeper". :)

"Hello, Good-Bye" by Yoshi Hiro Nagasuna and "Sunset" by Toshi Nakamura.

YqEQ10.jpg

Just added a Batman Eduardo Risso page to my collection. Super excited to have it! I have been searching for a bit now for the perfect page for me in the right price range and finally closed a deal.

As a bonus, it appears that Eduardo used the top panel of batman as his design for the Batman black and white statue!

Risso Batman art

Thanks for looking!

Thanks to Michael Steenbergen, Richard Evans, and the other fine people at Bedrock City Comic Company, I have a copy of Walter Simonson's Ragnarök HC with a drawing of Thor in it.

I'm thrilled. Click to embiggen:

TMhK6H9n_1612152132281.jpg

If you want a rousing and very interesting take on what happens after Ragnarök, check out this book from Walt and IDW.

You can pick up a copy of the collection by visiting your LCS or contacting Bedrock City at http://www.bedrockcity.com/

I didn't even know that Simonson did a Ragnarok series and I'm a huge Thor fan. :blush: Nice pick up.

Pick up the book, you'll be glad that you did. Colors by Laura Martin and lettering by John Workman. It really reads well and the art - line drawings, colors, and letters - are more than worth the cost of admission.