• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,760 posts in this topic

Grail Art Day!

The focus of my collection is the earliest dozen or so comics I ever had as a kid- among those is Marvel Spotlight #24- Son of Satan versus Satana. I'm trilled to have the end page of the book, thanks to Steve, who was kind enough to offer it to me, knowing I was looking for this specific book, and now have 6 pages reunited over the last 17 years.

tK8VkLKm_0701160333501.jpg

Marvel Spotlight #24, pg. 31

Marvel Spotlight #24 Gallery Room

Completely Random- I also got this very nice painted page from a very familiar children book a few of you might have heard of, and even read to the kiddies last month:

3sMu58Gk_0701160324091.jpg

The Night Before Christmas (1963) pg. 29

Christmas is running over a bit this year. :)

Kathy bought me the last three pages of the comic Huck #1 featuring story by Mark S. Millar and art by Rafael Albuquerque. I was quite moved by the sequence and suggested it as a Christmas gift. It was a very pleasant surprise to find out on Christmas Day that she'd picked it up for me. Click the image and read more about it.

xBAAmE3r_2512152315071.jpg

This image was intended to be a commission, but without my knowledge it has been turned into prints by the artist. I guess it now qualifies for this forum (beyond eBay, still trying to find where he is selling them):

Dave Bullock:

image_zpss1pwas4d.png

Congrats ! Your piece just became more valuable.

Yeah that's pretty sweet. I always consider it a bonus if an artist makes my commission into a print.

Thanks! I can't complain that he turned it into a print. A heads up would have been nice, but otherwise I'm happy with its new status. The idea was for Bullock to make a pre Robin Batman that was similar in style to his work on Batman the Animated Series. It was commissioned to look like a mock variant cover for the New 52 Detective Comics 27 to celebrate Batman's anniversary. Similiar to what he did for Superman Unchained, which I also own.

A classic 1970s Gene Colan Howard the Duck page...it's a dramatic and memorable scene that captures the character's exaggerated fear and anxiety (he was introduced in Man-Thing, one of Marvel's occult titles) that defined him and made us laugh. Just missing his trademark cigar!

Trivia buffs: Howard was so popular, he was even put on the U.S. presidential ballot in 1976. :D

Link

Awesome piece! I love his art but it can be pricey. Picked up an image of Spider-man back in 2014 at NYCC from him. It was part of a bid he created to work on a Spider-man cartoon which I believe ended up going to Sean "Cheeks" Galloway for SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN

I quote enjoyed Mark Millar's Spiderman run (and the Dodson art) so I was thrilled to add this half splash with Cap to my collection. I didnt realize until just now that I actually own the page consecutive to this one!

caf link

Thanks for looking

Malvin