• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,757 posts in this topic

I haven't done an art update since the last clink auction, so here's what I've acquired over the past month or so....

Midnighter covers (#9,12)

4uUuhC.jpg

OY6yqZ.jpg

Terra Obscura vol.2 #6 COVER! I LOVED this series, and this was my favorite cover. If you haven't read this series, it's Alan moore at his best. OVER the MOON to have this, and the price was ridiculously cheap.

GPcZDU.jpg

I got a little crazy at Shelton's art auction at Heroes. This Bagley Hulk DPS was the result.

kLxzMA.jpg

This Kazar #17 cover is from the best Kazar series IMO. Very cool Shanna cover.

EUomHa.jpg

This is my 4th Joe Mad page, but my first from the Age of Apocalypse. Astonishing X-men #1 page!!!!

1g80Gp.jpg

I've wanted a Jim Lee Wildcats page for a while, so had to buy this..I like perm Zealot more than short hair Zealot lol

GTjXwm.jpg

This is one that I would have gladly paid double what I did. 12 year old me was a little too in love with this Cyberforce #1 page :insane: (Beewbs)

rMcw9Z.jpg

TURNER!!!!!! Witchblade #2 pg 1

chkZx6.jpg

This Turner Fathom piece is cover quality. It is seriously amazing in person..

Gr7DXQ.jpg

Speaking of Fathom, I can't believe how cheap this Talent Caldwell cover went for....

fRCEFr.jpg

Anyone that knows me, knows I'm a huge classic Valiant guy. This beautiful painted Magnus #15 page from Ernie Colon had to be mine. It's a fantastic page from the Unity crossover featuring Magnus, Solar, Rai, Mother-God, Albert, 1-A, AND dinosaurs! LOVE THIS.

BZM0eF.jpg

And last but not least, just a ho hum Alex Ross cover with John Carter, Tarzan, martians, and JANE. NBD :insane:

Al3Nkn.jpg

lol Thanks! I think I'm up to close to 40 covers now. 400-500 or so pieces total. I need to make a CAF gallery, but I'm too cheap to buy a big scanner!

wow, you buy in bulk :)

Great stuff!

Malvin

You can post the same crummy pics there that you do here :baiting:

And scanner prices have come WAY down. Would be but a fraction of that art haul.

Great pages, BTW :golfclap:

lol Thanks! My crummy pics will soon be a thing of the past once I get the new scanner.

lol Thanks! I think I'm up to close to 40 covers now. 400-500 or so pieces total. I need to make a CAF gallery, but I'm too cheap to buy a big scanner!

wow, you buy in bulk :)

Great stuff!

Malvin

You can post the same crummy pics there that you do here :baiting:

And scanner prices have come WAY down. Would be but a fraction of that art haul.

Great pages, BTW :golfclap:

That's actually not as bad as I thought it would be. Thanks for the info!

11x17 HP Officejet 7612 All-in-One (printer, fax, scanner) $250, but I got mine for $180 on sale at Office Depot near Christmas.

You are welcome. I'm quite happy with mine.There are others. Brother and Epson both make ones of that size.

Michael Golden's MICRONAUTS 11 is now complete, as the cover has finally been located:

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1326231

Andrew

Whoa! What an accomplishment. For all the collectors I see trying to put a book together, it almost always falls short. Congrats!!!! I am intrigued about the paste up as well - would love to know the back-story. I am sure Golden would be able to shed some light on this cover.

I

I got a little crazy at Shelton's art auction at Heroes. This Bagley Hulk DPS was the result.

I enjoyed the auction as well. No purchases this year but I was watching the action closely on this one. Congrats!

It was entertaining. I couldn't believe what some stuff was going for. A lot of the lesser name artist's pieces were selling for multiples of their commission rates! Did you see that big FF painting? That thing was amazing.

I

I enjoyed the auction as well. No purchases this year but I was watching the action closely on this one. Congrats!

It was entertaining. I couldn't believe what some stuff was going for. A lot of the lesser name artist's pieces were selling for multiples of their commission rates! Did you see that big FF painting? That thing was amazing.

I

Yep, really weird auction experience this year. This is only my 4th auction but it had a totally different feel than any of the previous I had attended. Even walking around the floor on Fri/Sat, the conversation about big ticket items was conspicuously absent. I hope the days of Hughes and Brooks putting up their pieces (that have been signature pieces of auctions past) are not gone. No Noto, No David Williams and not a lot of other big names in the auction (Wrightson, Neal Adams, etc. have been in multiple auctions) this year either. I was surprised at a few items that went high (the FN187 was crazy) but overall I thought the auction skewed more toward the prices going lower across the board than normal. The FF piece was insane as I doubt anyone saw it going for $7K and being the high water mark for the night (I didn’t stay so I am not sure this is true). We were sitting right next to the guy who won it and the buzz on the floor was that he was formerly from the Charlotte area and had moved to Hawaii so he had an emotional attachment to the piece (and add in that the bidding war was between him and the guy who bought the FN187 piece) – the guys hand was shaking every time he raised up his bidding paddle. The artist struck gold when he decided to do a piece with the Charlotte downtown buildings (I heard his piece went for 200 last year). I hope it isn’t the start of a trend as I would love to see AH and Brooks back (I also sat really close to the guy who paid $15K for the Brooks piece last year). I’d love to see Allison running the auction and the smoking jacket crew scurrying around. The room was missing a certain buzz this year – hoping they can start to recapture it going forward.

Yeah, no Brooks or Hughes was kind of a bummer. I don't spend that kind of money on non published stuff, but they were awesome to look at. I have attended the auction probably half of the 20 years I've been going to Heroes. The lack of big name pieces was definitely noticeable. There wasn't the stack of big ticket items that hit thousands like years past, but the amount of $200-$500 pieces seemed way higher to me.

I

Yep, really weird auction experience this year. This is only my 4th auction but it had a totally different feel than any of the previous I had attended. Even walking around the floor on Fri/Sat, the conversation about big ticket items was conspicuously absent. I hope the days of Hughes and Brooks putting up their pieces (that have been signature pieces of auctions past) are not gone. No Noto, No David Williams and not a lot of other big names in the auction (Wrightson, Neal Adams, etc. have been in multiple auctions) this year either. I was surprised at a few items that went high (the FN187 was crazy) but overall I thought the auction skewed more toward the prices going lower across the board than normal. The FF piece was insane as I doubt anyone saw it going for $7K and being the high water mark for the night (I didn’t stay so I am not sure this is true). We were sitting right next to the guy who won it and the buzz on the floor was that he was formerly from the Charlotte area and had moved to Hawaii so he had an emotional attachment to the piece (and add in that the bidding war was between him and the guy who bought the FN187 piece) – the guys hand was shaking every time he raised up his bidding paddle. The artist struck gold when he decided to do a piece with the Charlotte downtown buildings (I heard his piece went for 200 last year). I hope it isn’t the start of a trend as I would love to see AH and Brooks back (I also sat really close to the guy who paid $15K for the Brooks piece last year). I’d love to see Allison running the auction and the smoking jacket crew scurrying around. The room was missing a certain buzz this year – hoping they can start to recapture it going forward.

Different vibe for sure. Congrats on the Bagley DPS – it was the only page that I was even remotely considering for purchase. We were more interested to see where it landed and I thought it was going to go cheap early in the bidding … but then a nice volley of bids went back and forth bringing it to the final hammer price. Congrats.

Yeah, no Brooks or Hughes was kind of a bummer. I don't spend that kind of money on non published stuff, but they were awesome to look at. I have attended the auction probably half of the 20 years I've been going to Heroes. The lack of big name pieces was definitely noticeable. There wasn't the stack of big ticket items that hit thousands like years past, but the amount of $200-$500 pieces seemed way higher to me.

I