• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,757 posts in this topic

John Buscema and Neal Adams teamed up on only a handful of Tarzan covers including Tarzan #11. I feel lucky to get one with all the classic themes...Tarzan swings on a vine with Jane and his beloved apes while being hunted by the white men.

eQPLVvJB_0803160740081.jpg

Click for larger image

Speaking of Tarzan, I read that the new Legend of Tarzan movie was filmed entirely in two airplane hangars in England to create the lush African environment:

"To capture the jungle flavor, two hangars at an old English airplane factory were transformed into soundstages 200 yards long with real trees, vegetation, running water and mountainous areas. Green screen and CGI were used, as well as natural elements photographed in Gabon to add richness to the fully realized environment."

So amazing.

John Buscema and Neal Adams teamed up on only a handful of Tarzan covers including Tarzan #11. I feel lucky to get one with all the classic themes...Tarzan swings on a vine with Jane and his beloved apes while being hunted by the white men.

Click for larger image

Speaking of Tarzan, I read that the new Legend of Tarzan movie was filmed entirely in two airplane hangars in England to create the lush African environment:

"To capture the jungle flavor, two hangars at an old English airplane factory were transformed into soundstages 200 yards long with real trees, vegetation, running water and mountainous areas. Green screen and CGI were used, as well as natural elements photographed in Gabon to add richness to the fully realized environment."

So amazing.

This is a great example of two fantastic artists working together and being better than the sum of their parts! I have often admired this cover. Much congratulations!

Click for larger image

So amazing.

Gorgeous, simply gorgeous

Just added a memorable Bronze-age cover to my CAF.

A swinging (literally) cat fight!

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1328576

Excellent cover! There is a restorer who can remove that glue spot if you so desire.

I will probably make a replacement stat for the one that is missing, so it will cover that up.

Another oddball place. I'm not much of a DC guy at all, but hell i should be at this rate. Cover the Flash issue 94. I remember this one too, actually read it in high school. Always like Wieringo's style. Piece came up for sale, hadn't seen one for sale before from this title so i said "eh, why not?" and pulled the trigger.

K18uVZSx_1207161715221gpadd.jpg

anyway, huzzah my DC collection grows by leaps and bounds.

Picked up these connecting covers from Mike Collins who works on the Titan Comics series and storyboards for the TV show

55HvMNsJ_1307161222131sbpi.jpg

BFvku0FD_1307161224481sbpi.jpg

UgcUPM3o_1307161227111sbpi.jpg

vx62Y0A7_1307161228581sbpi.jpg

I was only going to pick up the 9th Doctor one, but then my girlfriend convinced me that they shouldn't be split up.

Quite funny that they are all on templates for the 11th Doctor comics. Forgot to ask why, i guess that that was what he had at the time.

Edited by Pip1988