• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,757 posts in this topic

Just added this great double page splash of Daredevil painted by Michael Gaydos from Alias #10.

artwork

I have been looking for a nice Daredevil and when I found this one from one of my favorite series it was a must own.

mathew

Just got a package in from Kewber Baal, an artist who I think is a rising star.

The Army of Darkness spread was the first page I saw and said, "Who the (*%%$% is that?!" Really great sense of humor, fun energy, and dynamic compositions.

Go buy his stuff over on deviantart and ebay!

http://kewber.deviantart.com/gallery/

http://www.ebay.com/sch/kewberbaalcomicart/m.html?item=262497349820&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

army_of_darkness_1_page_04___05_by_kewber-d9zpmld.jpg

s-l160017.jpg

s-l160022.jpg

s-l160026.jpg

Finally got a piece from one of my favorite series and I could not be happier. I've barely added a comic to my collection in the past few years, let alone a piece of OA. I've never even seen a page from Y for sale that I loved enough to pay the price for. But, I happened to unload a few pages and sent out a couple CAF emails which led to this. One of my favorite scenes from the book and even an Ampersand tail appearance!

fFLR0b8h_1305151713551_zpsi2srqvfk.jpg

Finally got a piece from one of my favorite series and I could not be happier. I've barely added a comic to my collection in the past few years, let alone a piece of OA. I've never even seen a page from Y for sale that I loved enough to pay the price for. But, I happened to unload a few pages and sent out a couple CAF emails which led to this. One of my favorite scenes from the book and even an Ampersand tail appearance!

Great page!

That's not Amp. Great page regardless!

That's not Amp. Great page regardless!

lol

I was flipping through the trade, realized it was Bonny and came back here to edit. Not even a little surprised that it was pointed out. Dammit...now I need an Ampersand page!

I won this Frank Mclaughlin Judomaster #96 page 11 on ComicLink yesterday.

JudomasterPage_zpsnl6gltgq.jpg

I have had page 12 from Judomaster #96 for about 40 years [sorry no picture of that page]. It will be nice to reunite the pair.

Edited by Tony D

That's not Amp.

lol

I was flipping through the trade, realized it was Bonny and came back here to edit. Not even a little surprised that it was pointed out. Dammit...now I need an Ampersand page!

You're welcome! lol

40 years. That's awesome!

Yes, I'm "The Ancient One." I have other pages just as old or older in my collection. One day I'll get around to photographing them and post them.

Where do I even start with this newest page.... my closest and dearest art collecting friend posted this page ten years ago. And when I say ten years ago, I mean 10 years, 0 months and 1 day ago... lol. And ever since then we have been talking about it. And not one of those "once a year" conversations to see whether it might be for sale but at least twice a month EVERY month for the last decade. This was the little black dress of pages. Any topic could be folded back into this page. Prices don't make sense; this page comes up. Why people chose the pages they chose, this comes up. How Mignola's style is changing, this comes up. What is the best story Mike has ever done, this comes up. And over hundreds of conversations we decided this was the measuring stick for all other Mignola art.

We affectionately refer to it as "the Old Men" page. It is one of those pages that we both intuitively knew would never sell for top dollar and would be passed over by most people for flashier action pages. But, and this is a big but... this page is lightning in a bottle.

At least once a year, I would hint that if he ever wanted to sell, to please let me know. He has had a lot of amazing Mignola pages pass thru his hands but this was the finest one and he knew it. And he was always very clear that this one was going to his grave. Finally, several years ago, I made my peace that I was never going to get it and told him to let his wife know that once she was a widow, I would make another offer.

So the years continued to roll by and we continued to discuss every aspect of this page and relate it to everything we love about this hobby. And two weeks ago, out of the blue he says he might be ready to let go of this page. He asked me to make him an offer and I told him seriously that he could have every penny in my bank account (and gave him the number). God bless him, he asked if I could go another $100 higher. Sure I said, give me another week till payday.

I don't really have the words to express all of the things that bubble up when I look at this page... this is a page that holds two decades of friendship. Thanks Neil!

The Old Men page

my gallery

My comic art fan gallery

It's my wife's birthday tomorrow and we celebrated tonight.

She has two new pieces of art.

Purrmoine (her favorite cat) by Agnes Garbowska

VcojEjph_0608160018261gpadd.jpg

The Evil Queen from Snow While by Aaron Lopresti

cucJQjET_0608160024531gpadd.jpg