• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,761 posts in this topic

Awesome piece Steve!!!!!!

Absolutely!!! Very, very cool

Seeing all this WD art lately makes me want to pick up the title. I'm currently reading Ex Machina but I think this will be next.

Awesome piece Steve!!!!!!

Absolutely!!! Very, very cool

Thanks a lot! :grin:

Seeing all this WD art lately makes me want to pick up the title. I'm currently reading Ex Machina but I think this will be next.

In my opinion, it's the best modern title being put out today! Great storylines, and amazing character development (and ZOMBIES!!!). You really can't go wrong with at least picking up the first trade....

--Steve (thumbs u

Just added this to my collection this morning! :banana:

Ben Templesmith - Fell #4 Page 16

templesmith_fell_4_pg_16.jpg

Ahhhh, you went with the head shot, nice choice Brian (although I still think you should have bought both!) :baiting:

Congrats on the pick-up, looks great!!! :headbang:

I still think you should have bought both!

:frustrated:

I just decided that with my vacation in a couple of weeks I'd rather have the cash. I may pick up the 2nd piece later if it's still there, or wait for another one from a future issue. The blank panel was also a deterrent.

I'm finally getting this tonight:

Captain Atom Annual 1 cover by Pat Broderick.

This is one of the best covers of the run and it introduces one of the series' only major villains, the quantum-powered Major Force. The energy wave effect was an obvious influence on the splatter effects Otino and I did for the "Black Light Comics" logo (see the "Stuff I've Done" section of my CAF gallery and you'll see what I mean by that).

Thanks to Rob Haines for agreeing to sell this to me.

You're very welcome Kev! Glad to do it for you, my friend.

Added a bunch of new pieces that I got at WonderCon this past weekend to my CAF gallery, including a Jill Chin Vampirella Quarterly 2008 cover, a double splash by Matt Wagner from Batman and the Monster Men 6, a Darwyn Cooke Black Canary and a couple of quick head sketches by Terry Dodson in some hardovers:

http://comicartfans.com/GalleryNew.asp?GCat=6193

I will be eventually upgrading the photos of the Chin and Wagner pieces with proper scans. I took some quick digital photos of the pieces at the con on Sunday to save some time.

This was an extremely frustrating weekend for me, as I was seated kitty-corner to Albert Moy's booth and had to stare at the great stuff he had up on his display racks.