• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,761 posts in this topic

I think this is my first post in this forum because I don't collect much OA.

Today was a good day though.

I found this at a small local con today. It was quite a surprise to see it there. A little bit of cash and a few comics to trade later and I'm now the new owner.

NYC159.jpg

I found this at a small local con today. It was quite a surprise to see it there. A little bit of cash and a few comics to trade later and I'm now the new owner.

NYC159.jpg

I got to see this today right after MCMiles picked it up. (worship) I may have to go looking for a western Kirby piece to put it in my price range. hm

NYC159.jpg

Makes me wanna cry, what a nice page and it's not mine. Kirby is a genius and that page is an amazing example of the way he can infuse energy to a 2 dimensional piece of paper. I especially like the bottom panel, classic.

Ha - I thought long and hard about buying that painting from Levine. Great pickup!

Well, I tried to buy yours last year, summer time, I think; alas it was gone. Her comic work is an odd size, no? I'd like to know the image size of the Fables pages, they don't look much larger than 8x10.

The Fables pages are full size if I remember correctly. I never owned one but saw most of them at SDCC 2 years ago. My cover is about 15x10 or so without the frame.

won't have these in hand until Heroes, but confirmed and have them reserved, so I guess that's close enough

lyja.jpg

kitsonff.jpg

Just picked up this really cool piece of production art to Conan the Barbarian issue 22 page 2 from 1973 by Barry Windsor-Smith and Dan Adkins.

Conan22pg02.jpg

For those unfamiliar with the story, half the original art to the story intended for publication in Conan 22 was lost in the mail and the editors chose to reprint the first issue in 22. They took high quality photostats of issue 1 and placed them on Marvel art board to use as the final pages.

This happens to be a reprint of the very first Conan story page! I may be the only one terribly excited by this, but it's as close as I'll ever come to a BWS original and having it be the first story page is extra special for me :banana:

-Bob

Thanks to David / dem1138,

for a nice Kirby Thor #165 page showing what happened to Him/ Adam Warlock between FF #67 (1st cameo) and Thor #165 (1st full appearance)

- posted the art on CAF:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=385117&GSub=52175

THOR165p10.jpg

Thanks, Rich

WonderWorldComic