• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,761 posts in this topic

My first Dillon page arrived today. I can't afford the high end OA, but I'm slowly trying to gather at least one interesting Hellblazer page from each artist who's worked on the title.

From #68 "Down All the Days" with John at his lowest ebb.

I like this page mostly for the dialogue. That shopkeeper has a cruel sense of humour :grin:

hellblazer68p8.jpg

The only thing better than getting a FABRY painting in the mail on a Monday is getting 4 FABRY paintings in the mail on Monday and not being at work :grin:

(worship)

Got any Hellblazer Fabry's? :)

No "early" stuff :sorry:

Just THESE :devil:

Mm, yes, looks a lot like my collection...

I WISH! :o

Lots of great stuff there! Fabry covers, Philips, lots of Dillon pages, and plenty more. Good job getting both covers for #145 and #146 - they go well together! Pages 21-23 of #65 there are particularly nice and atmospheric. They'd look superb framed alongside each other if you had a large enough space.

I saw a lot of Fabry's first run of Hellblazer covers in person many years back. He lives in my town, Brighton. The local University held a small exhibition of comic art one time and he loaned them a half dozen or so. I went along expecting little and was utterly gobsmacked to find myself face to face with all my most revered Hellblazer covers :grin:

I particularly remember staring at the painting for this one for ages:

58-1.jpg

Also the 'Royal Blood' cover with the Union Jack. Just think, if they'd been up for sale back then I bet the price would've been an absolute steal by today's standards.

Anyway, thanks for sharing :grin:

This just in, a new Grodd commission from Greg LaRocque featuring the fabulous fishnets of Zatanna. I was never Greg's biggest fan when he was drawing the Flash, but after this, I'm willing to give him a second (and third, and fourth) chance!

Zatanna%20vs%20Grodd.jpg

Edited by GroddGuy