• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,761 posts in this topic

just shows how out of whack his pricing is.

why i didn't bid

Page WILL be signed to the winner no exceptions.
last thing I want is my art personalized to Virginia because her name is on my paypal. Edited by pirate

That really kills the possibility of re-selling down the line as well...

I think that's specifically why he does it. He may really hated seeing his stuff sold for way more than he sold it for a year or two before (as his prices were exploding). Once those WD pages are gone though, who knows. I believe he'll keep his prices crazy on his remaining WD pages in order to get the most value out of them.

From what I'm told his initial sale prices on some of his splashes and covers were less than 1K. Who'd known that only a few years later they'd go for what they do. He is rumored to still be holding onto a lot of the covers (especially 1-6) They'll add a good chunk to his future kid's college funds whenever he decides to sell them off. Imagine what the cover to issue one would go for even now. Give it 10-20 years. 2c

Steve and I were talking about how much we believe the first 2 covers to be "worth" , I would love to see them hit the open market but like you said its something that he will probably hold onto to pay for his kid's college or something...

the red cover with Rick punching was for sale at $250 at a nashville show about 3 years ago. I passed since somehow he spilt a drink on it and the corners were warped and some of the cover ran. Would have grabbed it today but I wasn't into OA then.

Steve and I were talking about how much we believe the first 2 covers to be "worth" , I would love to see them hit the open market but like you said its something that he will probably hold onto to pay for his kid's college or something...

by then he might as well tack them on the wall. Is #2 really the cover or is it technically the back cover to #1?

the red cover with Rick punching was for sale at $250 at a nashville show about 3 years ago. I passed since somehow he spilt a drink on it and the corners were warped and some of the cover ran. Would have grabbed it today but I wasn't into OA then.
That sucks... the gallery is back up today and the prices are still the same :tonofbricks:

by then he might as well tack them on the wall. Is #2 really the cover or is it technically the back cover to #1?

I think it was previewing the next issue.. cant remember though.. maybe someone can confirm..

I think it was previewing the next issue.. cant remember though.. maybe someone can confirm..

Yes, there was a teaser preview cover image to issue #2 on the back of issue #1....it said something along the lines of "the second issue is coming soon"

just shows how out of whack his pricing is.

why i didn't bid

Page WILL be signed to the winner no exceptions.
last thing I want is my art personalized to Virginia because her name is on my paypal.

Ahh just get creative. Tell him your name is Heath Ledger and flip it. lol