• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Friends you've made, strictly from the CGC forums
4 4

27 posts in this topic

Thought this would be a fun topic for people to discuss. 

I met one of my best friends on this chat forum. 

@davidpg can probably tell the story better than me, but we basically connected nearly 20 years ago on here and he asked if I was coming to the Montreal Comic Con (I'm from Toronto).

I ended up going and meeting him in person, and as they say: the rest is history. 

We've been close friends for probably 15 years. He's even become friends with some of my family. 

There are others I've met and will share as they come to mind. 

Oh it’s definitely been an interesting couple of decades! 

Roy and I try to get together whenever we can as we live only a few hours apart, and I’m often travelling through his neck of the woods anyway. Many an evening arrosé here in Montreal as well…I’d be the designated driver ;)

I also have a couple of local Montrealers and a certain Aussie that Roy and I keep trying to make visit Canada ;)

I met DavidtheDavid on the boards and then in real life. We became pretty good friends in person.

He used to live across town. He's moved pretty far away now, but we keep in touch. 

I look forward to one day meeting @skypinkblu in person as well one day, as they are rather awesome and always pleasant to chat with (and patient with my long winded ramblings).

The person I've known from the boards longest, maybe a decade now, and have communicated with the most outside the boards (email, phone chats...) which I would have considered a friend I was happy to help out was Mike at Hero Restoration...

oh-no-7c1e59d202c777cf0be08bd4b4a30ccd-meme.thumb.jpeg.9614107d81f0e8608e901477786c4388.jpeg 

The Philadelphia area crew sprung from the group of local board members, and grew larger and tighter from get togethers at comic shows both large and small, and then nights out just to share common love of the comics hobby, good food, playing poker, sports, investing, and the like.  Between members moving away, leaving the hobby behind, tragically passing away, and being busy with life it's less of a group now and more a bunch of long-time friends who no longer get to see each other as often as we used to.  It's all thanks to the initial coming together on the boards.

Edited by namisgr

On 9/17/2024 at 10:31 AM, Sauce Dog said:

I look forward to one day meeting @skypinkblu in person as well one day, as they are rather awesome and always pleasant to chat with (and patient with my really interesting, intelligent musings;) .

FTFY;)