• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trim JIM in Heritage Auction

829 posts in this topic

Hey I just made a simple observation that some people were a bit over zealous and then you have to take a cheap shot in the process. Spin it any way you want but leave me out of it.

Like I said...."Little Miss Can't-Be-Wrong!" 27_laughing.gif

I'm hoping for new information. All I get is a [embarrassing lack of self control] match between you guys.

i'm hoping for an '88 Testarossa with low miles. you let me know when you get yours, and i'll do the same

Hey I just made a simple observation that some people were a bit over zealous and then you have to take a cheap shot in the process. Spin it any way you want but leave me out of it.

What cheap shot did I take at you? Is pointing out that you agreed with Brad a cheap shot?

Maybe it was the way you said it.

I had a brief correspondence with Doug late last week over his not having resolved the timeline on this "Trim JIM" issue. He indicated that he had the pertinent AMEX statement as well as the CGC submission form, but was having difficulty getting the documents disseminated electronically. Eventually, the documents were faxed to Redhook, who is now hosting them.

They are presented here. To my eye, they do not seem to absolve Doug. Commentary is below.

*STATEMENTS REMOVED PER DOUG SCHMELL'S REQUEST DUE TO CLIENT CONFIDENTIALITY-- PAUL LITCH

*PS- BRAD, YOU CAN REPOST IT WITHOUT CLIENT NAMES & INFO, PER DOUG.

At first I thought Doug had simply miscollated the AMEX documents and had inadvertantly grabbed sequential pages from two different months' statements. However, Redhook apparently talked to him about this, and these pages from different months are supposed to simply show that he was in Sarasota at the time he claimed he dropped off the JIM #92 (mid September) and when he claimed he picked it up (late October). Why he hasn't provided payment evidence of the submission in question is a mystery. Assuming he paid for it with this AMEX, the charge should be on one of the statements from which these excerpts are from. Such evidence would prove his case more succinctly than the convoluted mess posted above.

The CGC submission form

This is perhaps the most confusing, yet damning piece of evidence. Pay particular attention to the upper right hand corner of the submission in the box entitled "CGC use only." In this box there is a date: 10/6. It may not be readable from the scan, but this is the "Date Received" portion of the form.

According to FFB, he wrote to Doug indicating that this JIM might be trimmed on 10/5. CGC's site indicates that the book was graded 10/13.

Clearly, Doug has some additional explaining to do here.