• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Conversation with Doug Schmell
1 1

72 posts in this topic

He's handled both for me over the last couple years...never an issue.

Not everyone has been so lucky, and I'm talking about within the last few months

:popcorn:

It happened to a friend, so I'm not at liberty to divulge the details. Suffice it say that a leopard doesn't change its spots

I'm shocked to think that a criminal might re-offend.

It was nothing along the lines of what he was disbarred for, but his ethical compass isn't wound too tightly, let's say ;)

Why are we bumping old threads? People who read this are going to think it's current and it's definitely not.

(Hi Sharon :hi:)

I agree. I read this whole dang thread and NEVER realized how old it is until I read Sharon's post. Let's think before we bring up an ancient thread. Rumors can FLY out of this thread without purpose.

Some guy named Matt Holly who claimed to be some legal researcher came on and posted some homosexual epithet towards Doug because he bought books from Doug and the recent auction without knowing about his past... his horrible excuse for a post was deleted by the mods I presume....that's what bumped this the thread.

After reading Brian's post, and I thought it was posted today, I came to the conclusion that he was going to announce joining the CBCA.

5-6 years ago? oops, I'm wrong.

He's handled both for me over the last couple years...never an issue.

Not everyone has been so lucky, and I'm talking about within the last few months

:popcorn:

It happened to a friend, so I'm not at liberty to divulge the details. Suffice it say that a leopard doesn't change its spots [/quote

Either you should get your friend to post about it, which I would love to hear, or you should be quiet about it. Unverified enuendos do nothing but make it look like Doug is the victim of unfounded smears.

Get your friend to come on, he'll find many a sympathetic ear here, but we need more than- it happened to a friend.

If hes playing games with peoples books or money, bring forth the facts.

Why are we bumping old threads?

Because Schmell just reportedly made $3.9 million in the most recent Heritage Auction, and FoolKiller has now turned into the Dalai Lama of the Boards?

steve,

i thought the heritage comic auction did 3.9 million (not including the comic art sale)

true..not true?

Because Schmell just reportedly made $3.9 million in the most recent Heritage Auction, and FoolKiller has now turned into the Dalai Lama of the Boards?

steve,

i thought the heritage comic auction did 3.9 million (not including the comic art sale)

true..not true?

The entire auction was over 10.4M. I think Schmell's total was either 3.7 or 3.9M.

It's interesting to read what you wrote and how you felt at one point in time...

Let's just say this -- and I'll leave it at this -- I don't feel the same way today as I did when I wrote this.

I was going to PM you and ask you this very thing.

Whats that old saying- Fool me once, shame on you.......

steve,

true..not true?

The entire auction was over 10.4M. I think Schmell's total was either 3.7 or 3.9M.

Wonder what his profit margin worked out to be?

It's interesting to read what you wrote and how you felt at one point in time...

Let's just say this -- and I'll leave it at this -- I don't feel the same way today as I did when I wrote this.

"Leaving it at this" sounds like there is something significant to say.

Why are we bumping old threads? People who read this are going to think it's current and it's definitely not.

Holy cow, so true! I was trying to figure out what attack I was involved with given I'm barely on the boards like I used to be! Half-way down the page I finally realized this thread was 6 years old! doh!

Holy cow, so true! I was trying to figure out what attack I was involved with given I'm barely on the boards like I used to be! Half-way down the page I finally realized this thread was 6 years old! doh!

Your ability to cause trouble is timeless. :gossip:

2012 POST

2006 POST BELOW

But that's from all sides -- when people that I like and am friends with like Brad (Redhook) feel like they are attacked, but then in kind attack with strong language against people like Mark (esquire) who I'm also friends with, I wonder if we're on a comics chatboard or debating world peace.

Hopefully you feel the same about us being friends!!! :hi::baiting:

Thanks for the e-mail earlier today. I really appreciated the outreach at a difficult time. :foryou: