• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BUYERS BEWARE of Wilhelm F. Uthe Ripoff Artist
2 2

209 posts in this topic

W.U. is using the account shop-47111 on Ebay Germany.

After having spent 10 months in jail d045.gif he opened domato82 and ihrhaus28, but renamed the latter into shop-47111 after he found it published in several forums. (guess by whom! a090.gif )

Domato82 is closed for the moment, as is abayt (account he used recently)

Whenever we find out about new accounts of his, I won't forget to post here. c035.gif

So After about 2 months we actually recieved the comic we bought from him. I'm still shocked it came at all.

With no evidence of it being worked on, I hope... :wishluck:

Tomorrow morning I'm actually going to inspect the comic inside and out. I was too busy cleaning my house today! :(

For the record, the comic is an Archie 17. I don't think dad paid that much for it.

After having spent 10 months in jail d045.gif

Thank you for your efforts, Annie. :golfclap:

Any further info or public records (photo?) on his jail time?

I'm working on it. My sweetheart is a comic trader and knows some of the attestors who attended the lawsuit. He is just contacting them to learn more about it and get the file number and some details. We just have been told how happy people were to see W.U. in handcuffs. d040.gif

A photo would be wonderful, I know. If I had one I think I would placard it on every wall! But I have none, bummer!

When we have talked to those who know more, be sure I'll share the infomation here.

W. U. is using false names and adresses, but the zip-code nearly always beginns with 31...

Very often the town is Hameln or Hessisch-Oldendorf. He has his own "style" in his offers on Ebay. h040.gif

For example he uses to put two items on the same photo and then writes, that only the right one or the left one is to be sold here.

He also likes to use a new account for buying only within the first few months to collect good feedback, because as a seller on ebay you cannot give bad feedback. And with a fine cushion of good feedback points he then starts his "normal busyness". So if an account starts by buying only and after some time suddenly beginns to sell it can be an evidence, too. c050.gif

Hello all,

first: my english isn`t the best :-)

I´am from germany. I work as technical managers at an ISP.

I know wilhelm f. uthe and wanted its correct data here briefly to announce:

Wilhelm F. Uthe

Dreischenbreite 2

D-31787 Hameln (OT Halvestorf)

CallNr: 05158 99 14 75 (0049 5158 991475)

Email: neuesA@aol.com

The files are correct (date: 17.01.2009)...I test it!

I hope I can help all of you...when you need any information, then contact me...

Hello all,

first: my english isn`t the best :-)

I´am from germany. I work as technical managers at an ISP.

I know wilhelm f. uthe and wanted its correct data here briefly to announce:

Wilhelm F. Uthe

Dreischenbreite 2

D-31787 Hameln (OT Halvestorf)

CallNr: 05158 99 14 75 (0049 5158 991475)

Email: neuesA@aol.com

The files are correct (date: 17.01.2009)...I test it!

I hope I can help all of you...when you need any information, then contact me...

I won an auction from seller abayt and never paid but the address ebay supplied was

Anja Brachmann

Dreischenbreites 2

f.A.

31787 Hameln

Deutschland

I got a NPB and a strike from ebay. When abayt was suspended I appealed the strike and it was removed. Some of Uthe's comments are comical espically "Gay Wiskey Bush". Here it is.

eBay Jan-06-09 at 01:34:24 PST

Dieser Fall wurde vom Verkäufer aus folgendem Grund gemeldet: Es ist keine Zahlung vom Käufer eingegangen. (This case was from the seller reported the following reason: There is no payment from the buyer received)

my response to ebay Jan-07-09 at 09:24:59 PST

Seller is a scam artist. They are no longer registered on ebay with this ID. His name is Wilhelm Uthe

and is also using the ebay ID maydatafour. You guys should stay on top of this scammer. He constantly

pops up on ebay.

abayt Jan-07-09 at 09:47:45 PST

The buyer is a born i-d-i-o-o--t

eBay Jan-08-09 at 05:24:42 PST

Buyer has indicated that they will pay for this item. The item details are as follows:

Item: Walt Disney. Ich Micky Maus Band 1. A3. 1973(?)(#200290771052)

(don't know how ebay thought I said I would pay)

Transaction date: Dec-23-2008

abayt Jan-13-09 at 04:19:56 PST

Idutic buyer, same crtimional tan

Gay Whisky Bush, former White House

drunken polotics.

eBay Jan-13-09 at 04:19:57 PST

Dieser Fall ist geschlossen. Der Verkäufer hat sich entschieden, den Fall zu schließen. (This case is closed. The seller has decided to refer the case to conclude)

1.5 years ago I had to appear as witness in a criminal trial against HW Uthe in Hameln. I wished I had taken a picture, because he was guided by a prison officer and he was wearing metal ankle shackles, which made enormous noise on the floor. Half a year later this case was stayed because of more serious cases against him. The latter were probably the reason for his 10 month arrest in jail. The tax authorities also had objections.

I lost several comics, the money I paid for them and the time I had to spend for the travel to Hameln and back. But Hameln is a nice city!

Watch bergamoy1: he is getting very active in Ebay!

I've just joined the collectors society with the sole aim of warning every collector out there about Wilhelm Uthe.

With the uncontrollable instincts of a spider he has set his sticky web at maydatafour, with the ebay article 250381987166. He is offering 8 rare and expensive Victorian trade card albums with a catalogue value of 3300 Euros. As we all know, it will all end in tears, so please do not bid on this item, and warn everyone out there: the biggest scam artist in German history is back!

As you can see, he is not only a carbuncle on the backside of the comic world, but is equally at home annoying members of the tobacco and Victorian trade card communities. About 5 years ago I made my own acquaintance with W.U. To cut a long story short, I sent him very good condition cards, he sent me trash. After numerous emails, which - putting it mildly - grew increasingly more unflattering in tone, I gave up on the deal. Asking around my colleagues, almost everyone has, at some time or another, been stung by this monster. Reading through these posts, I was saddened to hear that Uthe has even put off some collectors from dealing with the entire country of Germany! What an astonishing effect one man can have on the collecting landscape.

Stay vigilant....

It took less than a day, yet the Uthe "maydatafour" trading name has been closed down by ebay! In Germany, the card collecting scene is a relatively small one, and within a few hours most of us were aware that Uthe was back, and many of us passed on the message to ebay itself.

The power of the people can still claim small victories!

But, like a persistent itchy rash, he'll be back.

Which means we still have to stay vigilant...