• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your Promotional Comic Books Here!!!!
7 7

869 posts in this topic

Hookedfc100_zps359c664d.jpg

Wow, love it! the artwork on this one is beatiful! :o – more information?

First issued in 1966. Deals with the same themes as the Lou Reed song called "Heroin" for The Velvet Underground, the proto-punk band in 1964 that appeared on their 1967 debut LP. Really grim stuff about heroin addiction leading to total personal downfall. A real issue then and now.

Produced by the United States Department of Health, Education, and Welfare in cooperation with the Public Health Service, Health Services and Mental Health Administration, and the National Institute of Mental Health. It was reissued in 1969.

A really thick pulpy comic that is worth a read. If you like the VU you might like this.

Can't say how well this actually worked at prevention, but far from being camp, this shows the grim reality of the making and unmaking of a junkie.

152149.jpg.aa96dd010d8a4b3202169335048e780b.jpg

152151.jpg.3353a1bf07b9c74b90f98699e6bd0951.jpg

152152.jpg.2ff01ec63cbff4b7b12a273584f5cead.jpg

152153.jpg.1f81f83cd05feaccd7a043ca516e0b2c.jpg

:applause:

Very cool books being posted here and I'm especially enjoying the write-ups by Dr. Love and Boot.

It's definitely given me a better appreciation of this area of collecting.

I always enjoy seeing your books, too! Thanks for sharing! :applause:

1943 Red Ryder Victory Patrol Club Kit

Front Cover...(The outer wrap is heavier card stock)...

redryderpic1.jpg

Yours is in great shape! This one's more worn, but the comic is protected well inside.

Love how the addresses are hand-written!

152158.jpg.899fcee21aaff85697cec0de3d9db16d.jpg

152159.jpg.9f883f2e24d95008c1ba4ac760bab311.jpg

:applause:

Very cool books being posted here and I'm especially enjoying the write-ups by Dr. Love and Boot.

It's definitely given me a better appreciation of this area of collecting.

I always enjoy seeing your books, too! Thanks for sharing! :applause:

You're welcome, Boot.

Back to the promos, do you (or anyone here) know if the 1942-44 Victory Patrol's each have a different Super Book of Comics included inside.

1943 Red Ryder Victory Patrol Club Kit

Front Cover...(The outer wrap is heavier card stock)...

redryderpic1.jpg

Yours is in great shape! This one's more worn, but the comic is protected well inside.

Love how the addresses are hand-written!

Someone had to have a sore wrist after writing all of those addresses! It is amazing that they even survive complete given all of the cool stuff a kid could cut out of the outer wrap (decoders, badges, coupons, membership cards), much less the interior comic. I imagine there are quite a few that are missing the "cover".

This is not really a promotional comic but it was packed inside the box

of a RED RYDER CARBINE purchased a few years ago. It is a reprint

from RED RYDER COMICS #48.

9184452145_2db83ce89b.jpg

mm

Wow, great, many thanks for showing!

What is teh VU? I surely enjoyed the Spider-Man issues dealing with the theme, not as much as the O'Neil Green Lanterns, for different reasons.

First issued in 1966. Deals with the same themes as the Lou Reed song called "Heroin" for The Velvet Underground, the proto-punk band in 1964 that appeared on their 1967 debut LP. Really grim stuff about heroin addiction leading to total personal downfall. A real issue then and now.

Produced by the United States Department of Health, Education, and Welfare in cooperation with the Public Health Service, Health Services and Mental Health Administration, and the National Institute of Mental Health. It was reissued in 1969.

A really thick pulpy comic that is worth a read. If you like the VU you might like this.

Can't say how well this actually worked at prevention, but far from being camp, this shows the grim reality of the making and unmaking of a junkie.

Will Eisner couldn't resist satirizing literary sensation Truman Capote in the Spirit.

IMG_0045.jpg

Tooty Compote

IMG_0045-1.jpg

Truman Capote in the famous photo from his then just-published first novel "Other Voices, Other Rooms"

7c9f88d3-0c5d-43e9-9d09-692aeeff2fca.jpg

Edited by Arkadin