• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your Promotional Comic Books Here!!!!
7 7

869 posts in this topic

Here's some promos I cross posted the other day. How they ended up on a romance thread, I'll never know. I blame the alcohol, as I usually do. I've posted many of them before, it was kind of like an impromptu roundup of some favorites.

Jo-JoyPinchHittingPenguins1949fc100_zps5b4e7a08.jpg

BusterBrown01fc100_zps4236a483.jpg

AdventuresofSupermannnf2c100_zps3d45b245.jpg

ModelFunMay1955c100_zpscaae0ffd.jpg

TomMix7f100_zps7cdaebf7.jpg

baltcoltsf_zps1aac6a9f.jpg

PS60fc100_zps430a4905.jpg

BobbyGetsHepfc100_zpsbfc3613a.jpg

AdventuresinSciencefc100_zps93a27e7c.jpg

ArmyMotorsv29fc100_zps7f6bf16b.jpg

ArmyMotorsv29bc100_zpsqnifwtva.jpg

ArmyMotorsv512fc100_zps0d7e8566.jpg

ArchiesMechanics01fc100_zps9eb964f3.jpg

fireandblastf100_zps7841985d.jpg

A promo for any occasion, Boot! and you are quite right and you would have won the bet, and then some - a Church 9.4 promo about Dutch Boy Paint, from the National Lead Co (I mean who ever hear of such a company) and drawn by Fujitani? with a retailer stamp on it? with a phone number from the 40's?

Incredible!!

A promo for any occasion, Boot! and you are quite right and you would have won the bet, and then some - a Church 9.4 promo about Dutch Boy Paint, from the National Lead Co (I mean who ever hear of such a company) and drawn by Fujitani? with a retailer stamp on it? with a phone number from the 40's?

Incredible!!

Lead paint, baby! :o

This promotional comic features characters from the legendary Warner Bros. Looney Tunes franchise. This is the earlier 'Omar Bread' edition (there were Hancock Oil editions published with the same covers usually a year apart). Super-Book of Comics #6. Curiously, the series featured Warners, D. Tracy, Annie, Woody Woodpecker, among others, but no Disney characters. But i can't help but thinking the ducks Porky Pig is braking for is a sly nod to the rival studios Duck and his nephews incognito. hm

Super-Book%20of%20ComicsOmar%206_zpsglkjppck.jpg

Edited by Sagii

This promotional comic features characters from the legendary Warner Bros. Looney Tunes franchise. This is the earlier 'Omar Bread' edition (there were Hancock Oil editions published with the same covers usually a year apart). Super-Book of Comics #6. Curiously, the series featured Warners, D. Tracy, Annie, Woody Woodpecker, among others, but no Disney characters. But i can't help but thinking the ducks Porky Pig is braking for is a sly nod to the rival studios Duck and his nephews incognito. hm

Super-Book%20of%20ComicsOmar%206_zpsglkjppck.jpg

Might well be. They do have a Donald and the boys look to them.

Wonder how many Church promo comics there are? hm
Here is one...

I know this might be a reach, but didn't Edgar work for the phone company? Is it signed or noted who the artist is? Could it possibly be Church himself?

I seem to remember reading somewhere that he tried to develop a newspaper comic strip. As a reasonably successful commercial artist and someone with a mania for comics, you would think he would have tried to break into comics. A one shot like this might be a way of gaining entrée to the field. Still, I would be very surprised if this is his work.