• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do any of you own "1 and only" top census books??

426 posts in this topic

OK, Mutant Keys, this one is for you. I don't think that I have ever posted it before. I believe that it is still the oldest mint X-Men book in the CGC census.

X-Men113CGC9.jpg

Lovely book Steve, though believe it or not there is an X-Men #41 CGC 9.9 on the census. gossip.gif

OK, Mutant Keys, this one is for you. I don't think that I have ever posted it before. I believe that it is still the oldest mint X-Men book in the CGC census.

X-Men113CGC9.jpg

Lovely book Steve, though believe it or not there is an X-Men #41 CGC 9.9 on the census. gossip.gif

Wow Nice info I did not know that

I did not know that. I'd better go back and edit my post smile.gif

I've got a few that are tied for top spot, but only this one that is fo sho the top dog. The next best is a 9.2, which I also own.

sgtrock.jpg

I want one of those hail.gifhail.gif

Best I've been able to do on a lot of the 15 centers from this era is 9.0 or 9.2. The 9.4s are incredibly scarce.

Interestingly (or maybe not) my 9.4 and 9.2 of that issue have consecutive CGC cert numbers... they must have been submitted together. Both came from Metropolis, about a year apart. Hopefully more will show up on the other issues.

Shep

Shep,

I don't want you to cry "scarce" just yet...I know that this genre has been tough...but like horror once the money rolled in all of a sudden these books became available in high grade. There are still some legitimate "scarce" books out there, but that exercise proved to me (as JC has been saying all along) is that the books are out there. Yes it's a less collected genre so it's adding to the perception of scarcity...but I have a feeling history will repeat itself.

Especially now that's is basically common knowledge that there's a good number of folks collecting these in HG now. You even have a fruitcake like me that occassionally will spend excessive money on key issues. I do think common sense will prevent these from going out into the stratosphere.

Ironically some of the "scarce" issues I need was from this timeframe...kinda like the pre-implosion time era.

Hang in there dude. It's going to be a wild ride.

Sterling,

Man, I hope you're right... I would love all of these books to not be 'scarce'. And I hope that some of the prices on high grade DC war lately will bring more and more into the market, take pressure off the prices, and make them easier for more collectors to afford.

In fact, I'd love there to be a substantial find of these kinds of books, and drop prices waaaaay off. I wish these were cheap - cheap like they were 15 years ago when very few people collected them. We'll see.

Meantime, I'm still having a biatch of a time finding them!

Shep