• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age group shot
21 21

9,349 posts in this topic

On 1/18/2024 at 11:00 AM, skybolt said:

Here's a recent photo of my current GGA and teen humor collection:

IMG20240118082714.jpg

I'm thinking you are pretty happy that you didn't sell them all when you down-sized many years ago?

On 1/18/2024 at 5:14 PM, adamstrange said:

I'm thinking you are pretty happy that you didn't sell them all when you down-sized many years ago?

Absolutely! I would say that a majority of these books stayed in my collection due to luck (e.g. potential buyers backing out of deals at the last minute, wanting to wait long enough to break even on some of my favorite covers, etc.). Luckily once the dust settled in 2016 I was able to keep around 20 or so books. :) It's interesting that the only book from this picture that I didn't consider selling 10 years ago was the Jo Jo #11 copy (your Church copy is out of this world). I think my reasoning was the book was way undervalued at the time, and still is today. I would even rank it above Jo Jo #25 as the best Jungle themed good girl art cover.

On 1/18/2024 at 10:47 AM, Tri-ColorBrian said:

Bob Powell covers...Click on each group to enlarge somewhat...

Screenshot 2024-01-18 at 08-44-54 GoldenAge - Bob Powell Covers.png

Screenshot 2024-01-18 at 08-45-11 GoldenAge - Bob Powell Covers.png

Screenshot 2024-01-18 at 08-45-43 GoldenAge - Bob Powell Covers.png

This is great! I've really liked a lot of these covers over the years, and didn't know that the same artist drew them all... I mean, the Shadows I knew but less so the rest. Putting them all together like this, they are really striking & you see how much Powell's bold style brought to the table.

On 1/31/2024 at 12:44 PM, adamstrange said:

When confronted by a spear-wielding native guarding the treasure, I knock them off balance by throwing the nearest small child and then grab the chest and run.  90% of the time it's 50% effective.

Follow me for more self defense tips. :ph34r:

BlueBolt7v6sm.jpg

In the self preservation business we call that a fail. 
IMG_0912.thumb.jpeg.8a9e6938ef69bbb7c2a42f29924d3a10.jpeg

The Spirit is one of my favorite characters,  He was published in several different formats, 

I have comic book size newspaper giveaways, Tabloid size, giveaway from Charities but I especially like Quality comics reprints in Spirit comics and Police.

53505062443_4bf520d75b_b.jpg