• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age group shot
21 21

9,349 posts in this topic

jeez...can't you let us get through with SC first? October will be here soon enough.

I really like the robot wrestling the alligators cover!

hey

dem are Florida Gators, and they are ripping that LSU robot a new a hole!

gator

I will be in the stadium with parker...proudly wearing my Gator colors...I will say, LSU is the best team in the country right now...we have the best offense, but our D is young, and unless they mature or play out of their minds, in Baton Rouge, I will be man enough to chalk up a potential loss...but, I suspecdt a rematch in GA might be fitting in Dec!!!!

gator

That's a pretty stout confession for a man that is just learning to find his way around a toothbrush!

jeez...can't you let us get through with SC first? October will be here soon enough.

I really like the robot wrestling the alligators cover!

hey

dem are Florida Gators, and they are ripping that LSU robot a new a hole!

gator

I will be in the stadium with parker...proudly wearing my Gator colors...I will say, LSU is the best team in the country right now...we have the best offense, but our D is young, and unless they mature or play out of their minds, in Baton Rouge, I will be man enough to chalk up a potential loss...but, I suspecdt a rematch in GA might be fitting in Dec!!!!

gator

That's a pretty stout confession for a man that is just learning to find his way around a toothbrush!

I refuse to use a toothbrush, on account of all the bacteria that grows on them!

Holy Fudd! Great Smash set!

I'm not sure why I like those Bozo the Robot covers so much. (I was using him for an avatar for a while.) Probably that he's so silly-looking, with his Michelin Man rings and frozen smile, in the midst of battles and other danger scenes. I wonder whether Chadwick drew some inspiration for Concrete from these covers. Some Concrete covers have the same feel.

Bails' Who's Who says George Brenner and Bob Jenney drew the strip -- anyone else? Apparently Brenner did lots of Quality features, but Jenney worked mostly (and anonymously as far as I can tell) at Dell.

Jack

My wife just got a digital camera and let me play around with it:

1403626830_54303e346b_b.jpg

1402742137_89e14eceaa_b.jpg

1403633274_23cc55cb33_b.jpg

1402748751_cdafd0def8_b.jpg

If i cared much about college ball I get mad & stick up or LSU, but since i Don't...,

I'm a Longhorn (in more ways than one) but for this game I am for the Tigers all the way. But if the Gators win I will be happy for my good friend Rick. It would be a mighty sad day at my other friend's house if that were to happen.

If i cared much about college ball I get mad & stick up or LSU, but since i Don't...,

I'm a Longhorn (in more ways than one) but for this game I am for the Tigers all the way. But if the Gators win I will be happy for my good friend Rick. It would be a mighty sad day at my other friend's house if that were to happen.

you won't hear me say this very often, but win or loose, I suspect we are still going to have a great weekend!

gator

you won't hear me say this very often, but win or loose, I suspect we are still going to have a great weekend!

gator

You will but Richard is going to be sad that same day ... :devil:

gator

The Sooners are a bunch of cream puffs.

gator

zzz I guess we'll see in 3 weeks. :baiting: I hear your team had a wonderful time on its trip to Florida last weekend ...

Holy Fudd! Great Smash set!

I'm not sure why I like those Bozo the Robot covers so much. (I was using him for an avatar for a while.) Probably that he's so silly-looking, with his Michelin Man rings and frozen smile, in the midst of battles and other danger scenes. I wonder whether Chadwick drew some inspiration for Concrete from these covers. Some Concrete covers have the same feel.

Bails' Who's Who says George Brenner and Bob Jenney drew the strip -- anyone else? Apparently Brenner did lots of Quality features, but Jenney worked mostly (and anonymously as far as I can tell) at Dell.

Jack

What a Smashing Group shot!

gator

zzz I guess we'll see in 3 weeks. :baiting: I hear your team had a wonderful time on its trip to Florida last weekend ...

My poor Longhorns were taking a breather and almost let it get outta hand.

By the way Scrooge, how did a meticulous French comic collecting nerd (meant in the best sense) get interested in college football? Do the Sooners have a top ranked soccer team? :baiting:

Great run to have!!! I must confess I have several of the early numbers. The true treasure of these books is the wondefully drawn features from Eisner's "Espinage" to Fine's Ray to Cole's "Midnight" ("The Spirit" with a talking monkey). Well done! Jon