• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age group shot
21 21

9,349 posts in this topic

Jon, are you still actively buying Golden Age comics or are you more interested in original art these days?

I am not too active in either now. I pick up GA with some runs I am looking to finish off (like Super Mystery and Four Favorites-- one in each) or a 'neat' cover or the periodic need to feed my Larson addiction.

I pick up GA OA on occassion. To me it is great stuff and relatively inexpensive compared to SA art.

I am at the point that if someone said "Hey Jon, you cannot buy anything else, I would be just fine".

Presently, I am perfectly content sharing info on the books and sharing the books.

Jon

Jon, are you still actively buying Golden Age comics or are you more interested in original art these days?

I am not too active in either now. I pick up GA with some runs I am looking to finish off (like Super Mystery and Four Favorites-- one in each) or a 'neat' cover or the periodic need to feed my Larson addiction.

I pick up GA OA on occassion. To me it is great stuff and relatively inexpensive compared to SA art.

I am at the point that if someone said "Hey Jon, you cannot buy anything else, I would be just fine".

Presently, I am perfectly content sharing info on the books and sharing the books.

Jon

:applause: and we certainly appreciate it....gator

Jon

Amen!!!! :angel:

Jon

Amen!!!! :angel:

Hallelujah!! :banana:

amansha002.jpg

special thanks to sharon (skypinkblu) for making this purchase happen...was able to knock out some holes, and inch closer to completion of the aman run!

thanks sharon, you are tops!

gator

amansha002.jpg

special thanks to sharon (skypinkblu) for making this purchase happen...was able to knock out some holes, and inch closer to completion of the aman run!

gator

Nice! :applause:

Wow!!! Where do you find such great books!!!! All of them look fabulous!!!!

Congrats!!!!

What ones do you still need?

amansha002.jpg

gator

Congratulations Rick! :golfclap: Them are some nice looking books! :headbang:

These are the books that got me into collecting golden age. None of these are much better than reading grade, but I wouldn't trade them for anything.

1462571243_218d541c89_b.jpg

:applause: Love the last shot! Looks like you had a great time taking the pictures too. :headbang:

:applause: Love the last shot! Looks like you had a great time taking the pictures too. :headbang:

Yeah. I was only going to do the first 8 or 9, but I couldn't stop myself. I just wish I would have taken them out of the bags.

honky, where does your run end...I started with #50 and am trying to complete through 80...looks like you have 2-50?...

gator

These are some of the best covers I've seen in a while.

I really like the sport themed ones and found the cover of #35 interesting with Supes, Batman, and Robin all together in their civiilian clothes.

Thanks for posting! :golfclap:

honky, where does your run end...I started with #50 and am trying to complete through 80...looks like you have 2-50?...

gator

#51, and then just a handful between that and #85. Good luck on the 50-80 run, those are tough to get your hands on. One of my original goals was a complete run of WF, but I've quit perusing it at the moment.

gator

#51, and then just a handful between that and #85. Good luck on the 50-80 run, those are tough to get your hands on. One of my original goals was a complete run of WF, but I've quit perusing it at the moment.

I am missing 4 issues from 50-80....but you are correct, tough is an understatement...most I only get lucky enough to find in g/vg range (which, like you, is fine by me!)

rick

amansha002.jpg

gator

You are so very welcome, Rick! I was so glad you liked them! and I really DID want to keep them once I saw them..;) but...now you have me hooked, I expect the rest in next week....

These are the books that got me into collecting golden age. None of these are much better than reading grade, but I wouldn't trade them for anything.

1462571243_218d541c89_b.jpg

:applause: